lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2010, 02:49 PM   #1
buddy48
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Batteries run down

Okay guys I did my searching and can't find the answer. If I charge my cart and let is sit for a week or a little longer the batteries seem to discharge. It seems that if I let is sit loing enough that it would completely die.

It appears that I might have some sort of parasitic battery drain!! It is a 95 TXT with 400 amp alltrax, no accessories. If you leave it in forward or reverse will it drain the batteries? Can the same thing be said for the torque/speed switch on the EMP two speed motors?
buddy48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-06-2010, 08:26 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Batteries run down

not sure about the motor part but i would charge batts, fully and after an hour take voltage readings from each battery and load test each battery......you may need batteries or even just 1 battery but start by making sure your dealing with a good set of batteries.......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:11 AM   #3
buddy48
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Old batteries would seem to make since, but they are only 4 months old. That doesn't mean however that they are good though!!
Old 09-07-2010, 11:15 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Healthy batteries loose 4% of their total charge in a week.
If you had a fully charged pack of say 51 volts. In a weeks time that pack would read 49v. That's normal.
Try disconnecting the carts Negative Cable from the pack and see if in fact it is a cart drain or a battery loss.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:26 AM   #5
buddy48
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Healthy batteries loose 4% of their total charge in a week.
If you had a fully charged pack of say 51 volts. In a weeks time that pack would read 49v. That's normal.
Try disconnecting the carts Negative Cable from the pack and see if in fact it is a cart drain or a battery loss.
Thanks for the advice Scottyb. I'll recharge it this evening and see what happens. I was thinking of putting a switch on the negative battery terminal underneath the seat in the event it is some sort of cart drain.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:32 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Get a good quality Battery disconnect if you do that make sure it is rated for 3-400 amps when closed.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 07:42 PM   #7
buddy48
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Just realized I never came back and updated this thread with what I found. For prosperities sake and with the thought of it helping someone else I should have.

Turns out that I had a bad battery. I measured votalges while they were charging and it was half a volt lower than the rest. I then borrowed a load tester from work and sure enough it was bad. The battery was only a couple of months olds, but none the less it was bad!! Took it back and got another one under warranty and all is well.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO