lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-30-2010, 09:12 PM   #11
gsxrfan
Gone Wild

Default Re: I can't believe it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by easydoesit View Post
if its accepting the charge, just set it and forget it....

So you think it will be safe to leave them on the charger over night? I also have a motorcycle in the trailer, so I dont want anything bad to happen!!
I am still at a loss when it comes to this battery stuff. Kinda makes one feel stupid!! LOL!!!
gsxrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-30-2010, 09:28 PM   #12
easydoesit
Gone Wild

Club Car

never man! we're just pullin your leg. Chargers will shut off if their is a problem. I wouldnt do it in an enclosed trailer with a bike in it. Charge it when u can in a ventilated area or take the bike out. Better to be safe, it doesn't hurt.
easydoesit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:30 PM   #13
gsxrfan
Gone Wild

Cool, thanks for all of your help guys!! It sure does help to have people that know what is going on!!!
Old 11-30-2010, 09:42 PM   #14
bioniccartsandcustoms
Runnin' with Scissors

Club Car

Not to butt into the middle of anything.....but...you also can add battery acid back to the batteries if they test low on your hydrometer. Most auto parts stores still carry acid. I buy it in 5 gal. size. Some say it won't help, but if I get batteries in that are dry, I use 50/50 acid and distilled water. Also don't fill the batteries full. I try and keep it about 1/8th inch below the bottom of the well. Just below the bottom of the plastic. This keeps about 1 inch of electrolyte over the plates. Even though the wells have vents up the sides, if the level is up inside the well it can cause boil over that will lead to corrosion problems. If your batteries take a charge, for the first 7-10 times, drive short distance and re-charge. I will use a discharge unit to pull the entire pack down and then recharge 8-10 times. This "exercising" the batteries will sometimes help them regain their strength. They probably will never be like new but I have done this and it seems to help in some cases.
Hope this helps, Bionic
bioniccartsandcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:45 PM   #15
gsxrfan
Gone Wild

You arent butting in. I appreciate all the information that I can get!!!!
Old 11-30-2010, 10:13 PM   #16
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrfan View Post
You arent butting in. I appreciate all the information that I can get!!!!
He's right.... I've done this as well... Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. If the batteries have been dry for a long time it's very likely that they're done. It's worth a try though.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:36 AM   #17
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

i got a couple of years of light use out of batteries that were in similar condition. (maybe 2 gallons or so)

you can charge with the bike in the trailer, just don't open the door with a cigarette hanging off your lip.
-sj

*edit* probably not a good idea to charge in an enclosed space w/o ventilation. i expect those batteries will be doing a lot of gassing and the relay in the charger has potential to produce an arc...
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:54 PM   #18
gsxrfan
Gone Wild

Well, the batteries seem to be charging at this point. All of my readings are 8.54-8.29...but that is while it is connected to the charger.
All I can do is charge a little each night, but I got started early enough tonight to hopefully see the charger shut off. We will have to wait and see.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:03 PM   #19
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrfan View Post
Should I just let them charge for an hour or so then start over again tomorrow evening?
Plug it in and let it charge, it may take 12 or more hours to shut off. If it's still on in the morning, unplug it and let it rest for awhile then plug it back in and let it charge until it shuts off.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car