lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-2010, 08:10 PM   #1
spikeboy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Unhappy 89 electric club car what its worth

89 club car, seats are shot, batterys are weak ,but does move after charge body is good, 4 good tires brakes dont work, comes with charger. IM LOOKING FOR A PROJECT, PERSON IS ASKING $ 400.00 FOR IT IS IT THAT A GOOD PRICE???????
spikeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-02-2010, 08:52 PM   #2
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 89 electric club car what its worth

That depends on you, what do you want out of it, do you just want a cruiser or you out for a complete build up. If the later then go for it, if the frame, and rear end are in good shape. Let us know what you decide.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:00 PM   #3
ackjay
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 89 electric club car what its worth

I agree, it depends on you. Figure out how much you are willing to invest in the cart first. I can tell you being fairly new to BGW myself, it is very addicting. Once you begin working on a certain aspect, you'll want to do it right and there are tons of people here that can tell you a variety of ways to do what you want.
One way to judge what it might be worth is to surf around ebay or craigslist and see what stock '89 club cars are going for. When you add lift kits, wheels & tires, canopy's, windshields, lights, etc., it can really add up pretty quick. For instance, first thing you are gonna work on is the brakes, $40-$55 for pads. If you have to replace any cables and/or drums, the price quickly jumps to over $100+. Next you'll need a whole new battery pack, $450-$600. So right away, you are gonna have nearly $1,100.00 in the cart. When you do all the stuff you want, is it gonna be worth it? Some say yes, some say no. Of course, you can't put a price tag on the quality time you spend with your cart repairing and/or restoring it. Making it look or run the way you want.

Get my drift?

In my case, I recently bought a '93 CC for $750 with a blown battery and another one that was bad. Bought 2 batteries at Rural King, $160. Replaced the brake pads for $50, so I've got $960 in the cart. It runs/drives great and I'm pleased. From everything else I've learned on here I'd like to put another $1000 in it easy. I just got to convince the wife to let me do it ha ha.

Good luck with it and post pics here when you can.

By the way, Welcome to BGW!
ackjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car