lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-18-2011, 07:45 AM   #1
FLSTS
Not Yet Wild

Default 1987 DC Rescue

Recently completed a rescue of a 87 Club Car DS. 6 New Batteries, 6 Inch Lift, 22X11X10 Tires, Flip Seat and HD Springs. Nice little unit for the age and with the Aoooga Horn the Grand kids think I invented the wheel

The 4 of us were out in the woods over the weekend and noticed a strange incident. At times, High Speed would not cycle and even though the Batteries had a Full Charge....the cart went slowly. Seems that it becomes intermittent and unpredictable after only a short time of use. If the Micro Switches are working, I'm thinking Solenoid but which one?
Replace all to be sure?
How about cable that has had some heat through it? There is one (white one) that the insulation has bubbled. I guess there could be some Resistance issue....

I'm pretty handy, but not to sure of what may be the issue here. I did not put a meter on the Micro's but from the clicks.....I would guess their working as intended.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
FLSTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2011, 07:59 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 1987 DC Rescue

welcome to BGW...............jack the rear of the cart up and slowly press the pedal and listen as soleniods engage....1st on on drivers side left is master.....the rest are speeds 1 thur 4................at 2nd click wheels should slowly start spinning and as soleniod click they should spin faster......you,ll hear if one isn,t working..............its not a bad idea to replace them all if you can as that leaves you with some spares if needed..........as far as cables if you have one getting hot it could be resistance and it won,t hurt to replace all cables might give you better preformance.....make sure your buss bar across the soleniods is good and clean and same with resister coils............have fun with it......disconnect main power before doing any hands on work............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:13 AM   #3
FLSTS
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1987 DC Rescue

Thanks for the Welcome and thanks for the quick reply

Some quick web searches today shows the Solenoids are relatively inexpensive, so I'll probably swap them all. The Coils are rusty and I've done nothing to them. I'll pick up some cable and ends to replace them next trip to Camp!

Looks like Friendly folks here on BGW....I'll bounce around your very informational board for helpful tidbits!
FLSTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car