lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2015, 08:35 PM   #11
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: strange sound from rear wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaferz View Post
Hate to bump an old thread, but we have the same issue. Entire rear axle was replaced with a brand new unit 8 months ago, so bearings are not the issue. Swapped a wheel front to rear and the noise persists on the passenger side in the rear. Wheel torque doesn't seem to make much, if any difference. Was wondering what you ended up finding out about this.

Hate to pull stuff apart back there again, but wifey said we needed to end our ride short tonight since the noise was so bad when I let off the throttle. ��
I am quite familiar with this noise as I used to go through 1 brake drum per year. All the torque goes through those axle splines those drums are pretty soft metal compared to the axles. If they ever develop any slop and it goes unattended they will get worse and start with the clicking and other noises. Then one day you're at the starting line of the campground Grand Prix and you hammer that throttle expecting a nice long burnout in the grass and all you get is one sharp CRACK and the cart is down. Change the drum (torqued correctly) and the noise will go away. Also apply some anti-seize to the axle splines before installing the drum.

Or, better yet, convert to the Ausco mechanical disc brakes. You will love them. Scottyb at Carts Unlimited (site sponsor) can hook you up. (pun intended)

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...e-install.html
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO