lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-04-2012, 08:51 AM   #11
milky7272
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Older 2 stroke no 12v power/need wiring diagram

Just wanted to give an update. Added a wire from the swith to the hot side of the solenoid and unhooked the voltage regulator from the solenoid hit the pedal and the cart fired up! It was to cold to mess with it very long outside last night. It is supose to warm this week so I plan on Putting the wire for the rgulator where it should be and taking her for a spin. Thanks for the help guys. Is there anything else I need to do since this thing has been setting a couple years? Any mods? Is the hei mod worth doing to this cart or leave well enough alone? Should I leave the self oiler working or pre mix? Thanks Richard
milky7272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-04-2012, 09:21 AM   #12
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

great news milky. the hei is an option, but definitly get rid of the oiler and mix your fuel at a 128-1 ratio. just remove all the oiler stuff and plug the resulting hole in the manifold.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:09 PM   #13
racin161
Gone Wild

YEP what he said.
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:31 PM   #14
sharse36
Gone Wild

Club Car

Here is a wiring diagram
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 027.jpg (53.6 KB, 19 views)
sharse36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:57 PM   #15
milky7272
Not Yet Wild

Just took her for her first ride. Went about a mile and run good. I had a few backfires when letting off the gas, but other than that ran great. Now to tune her up and get rid off the oiler. Once agian thank you and thank you thank you! :)
Old 01-06-2012, 09:44 PM   #16
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Backfiring on overrun is a known issue. Do you have the spring fitted on your throttle cable right by the carburetor lever?

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:23 PM   #17
milky7272
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Box View Post
Backfiring on overrun is a known issue. Do you have the spring fitted on your throttle cable right by the carburetor lever?

Dave
Dave I will check I am out of town right now but when I get back in I will check. This cart seems as if the throttle is either wide open or nothing at all. Is this normal? I have to have some kind of linkage promblem maybe.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:32 AM   #18
Greg Rider
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

If you have the "off or full throttle" problem then you definately need to adjust the cable or idle settings. A spring actually opens the throttle and the cable allows it to open, the cable does not open the throttle. When you push on the pedal you are asking the spring to give more. It is not like a car.
Greg Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:16 AM   #19
milky7272
Not Yet Wild

Guys can anyone give me some adjustments or a picture of what the linkage is suppose to look like? I donr think the govenor is even hooked up.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:01 AM   #20
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Sure thing. The image below shows the carburetor throttle arm. The throttle is currently shown in the closed position. The top connector is for the oil pump, as you push the throttle the oil pump cable is also pushed to increase oil delivery. This design ensures that if the cable breaks the pump defaults to wide open. Despite this many guys (myself included) are not impressed and have removed the whole system relying on premixing the fuel.

The second cable is the throttle and you can just about see the spring in there. (BTW this is not my carburetor and IMHO that spring is just a little too compressed). When you depress the throttle the spring will start to expand and then the throttle opens and away you go. That spring has two functions and one is to cure your issue.

When you are driving at any speed the throttle butterfly is opened. When you are, for example, running downhill you might take your foot off the throttle and just cruise. At this point you have killed the ignition so there is no spark but the engine will continue to spin a few revolution and if the throttle is not tightly closed the engine will suck unburnt fuel into the exhaust pipe. Unlike a 4 stroke where the power stroke is confined to the cylinder, a 2 stroke is not contained and thus the exhaust port opens during the power stroke sending a flame into the exhaust. Without that spring holding the butterfly shut, when you repress the throttle the first cycle will ignite whatever is in the exhaust pipe causing a loud backfire.

The way to adjust that spring is to ensure that the throttle butterfly closes before the microswitch on the throttle. In this way the spark will burn off any residual fuel and you go into overrun.

Finally at the bottom you can see the governor cable. Imagine that the throttle is fully open and that spring is expanded. As you approach the dizzy heights of 12mph, the g forces are causing you to black out and you are about to crash and burn. At this point the secondary clutch opens up wide and pulls on the cable which in turn pulls against the spring and pulls the throttle in a closing direction in order to return you to a comfortable 12 mph. (OK that was a little tongue in cheek and in fact your government has decided that your cart must not exceed 12mph, but the theory of operation is correct). The point being that without the spring, the governor can't work.

That said, as a mature driver, I long ago realized that the throttle works in both directions and I dumped the governor. However if I had small children, my granny or drunken and debauched chums driving, the governor issue might be different.

Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgo005.jpg (66.4 KB, 8 views)
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO