lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2012, 10:05 PM   #1
Nutterbug
Not Yet Wild

Default Powerwise QE charger question 48 volt ???

I found a powerwise qe 48volt charger on Craigslist for 125.00 About to convert my txt to 48 volts? Seems like a good deal, but it has a three prong triangle shaped plug on it. Can I change that to a D type plug or do I have to change my receptacle on the cart, and is it worth it? Thanks guys!
Nutterbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-12-2012, 05:48 AM   #2
Nutterbug
Not Yet Wild

Help? Don't want to buy something I can't use?
Old 04-12-2012, 06:34 AM   #3
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Powerwise QE charger question 48 volt ???

I got a 36 volt QE with my 08 TXT with PDS. The charger wasn't working when I got the cart and after much searching, found that repair was impossible. Also, I heard from a dealer that EZGO had a lot of problems with the QE chargers. I would not recommend that you purchase a QE. Instead, I would recommend that you look for a Powerwise "ferroresonant", transformer type charger. They are much more robust and repairable. The QE's are ok when they are working but are basically a very expensive "throwaway" charger. Just my opinion - good luck - RAY
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:59 AM   #4
Nutterbug
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstik40 View Post
I got a 36 volt QE with my 08 TXT with PDS. The charger wasn't working when I got the cart and after much searching, found that repair was impossible. Also, I heard from a dealer that EZGO had a lot of problems with the QE chargers. I would not recommend that you purchase a QE. Instead, I would recommend that you look for a Powerwise "ferroresonant", transformer type charger. They are much more robust and repairable. The QE's are ok when they are working but are basically a very expensive "throwaway" charger. Just my opinion - good luck - RAY
Good to know. That sucks because 125 is cheap for a charger?
Old 04-12-2012, 08:16 AM   #5
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I was lucky enough to find an older Powerwise on "Craigs" for $50. It was rough and needed some TLC but after some minor work to bring it back to life, it has been a great charger. There has been a thread here on a Stanley charger at Sams Club that is pretty reasonable (try doing a search for it). It's not a transformer type, but others have reported that it seems ok and it's reported to be around $100 or so and has all the various connectors for all the carts. Check it out! I would maybe opt for the extended warranty if it's not a lot of $$. Good luck - RAY
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:28 AM   #6
Nutterbug
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, I saw that thread. Called the sams here. No luck?
Old 04-12-2012, 10:07 AM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

If you want a good 48V charger, avoid the QE like the plague and get something like this.
http://www.cartsunlimited.net/48v_Battery_Charger.html

Your battery pack is one of the most expensive and fragile parts of your cart, so treat them right and they'll last many years.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO