lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-29-2014, 10:06 PM   #11
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: 2004 club car barley moves

My 99 DS does just fine without the left solenoid. The thing is if you take it out of the system you really need to unhook the speed sensor, and you will not have roll away braking or regen braking. If you don't unhook the speed sensor it will throw you over the steering wheel when you let up on the go pedal. I just made a new white battery cable to go from controller to motor. Saved a lot of cable length. Also I just capped the small wires that went to the solenoid with heat shrink.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2014, 06:24 AM   #12
ncseadad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Great Info guys....Crash test dummy....as usual you are 100% right the cart is a 2000...most of what I deal with here are aa ab aq and pq....I was too quick to look at the 3rd and 4th digit....Hay..Im old....lol....The solenoid I ordered is the correct one...I try and double check before hand by getting the numbers off the old part....it was a 586 series...thanks for setting me straight, I will double check next time....

To do a normal speed sensor test here I back up a little loading ramp and let it roll to see if breaking works or moving along and put in neutral....cant do that with this cart because it want move fast enough....flat grassy/sandy are here, cant push....lol

OK mrgolf....so all I need to do is put new white cable from controller to motor (I will just connect them together for time being)...disconnect both small wires and cap them off and disconnect the speed sensor....Is that correct....

thanks
Bill
ncseadad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 06:51 AM   #13
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

That should work. Of course you know to put some kind of heat shrink or cover over the connection to keep it from touching and shorting to anything.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:05 AM   #14
ncseadad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

yes sir....and will let you know later how it turned out....

Bill
Old 07-30-2014, 02:57 PM   #15
ncseadad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

OK mrgolf.....Did what you said and it seems to work fine.....I know that's not the proper way to fix golf carts and I rarely do things like that but there are a few people here that just cant afford to fix them proper..

Thanks for your help and also thank you too crash.....

I have a question about something else but will put in in a different thread...

thanks all

Bill
Old 07-30-2014, 03:33 PM   #16
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

What you did shows that the left solenoid was either bad or the activation circuit was not working. You can test the solenoid by applying power to the two small lugs. If that makes it work then we need to find the reason you are not getting power to the activation circuit.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:25 PM   #17
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
You can test the solenoid by applying power to the two small lugs. :
the power should be 48+ volts
Old 07-31-2014, 04:38 PM   #18
ncseadad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

ok...are you saying that its NOT ok to just use the cart with the 2nd solenoid by passed....I know the runaway break will not work but its not needed in this area of grass and sand...Will it affect other things by leaving the bypass on..

Thanks
Bill
Old 07-31-2014, 06:32 PM   #19
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

I have ran my 99 DS for about 6 months so far with no problems. I completely removed the second solenoid, put a new white cable from controller to motor. It is a good solenoid I hope it is the same as the main one. That way I have a spare. BTW the cart seems to have a little more power, I did change all the cables to 4 ga welding cables when I did the change.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car