lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2011, 03:48 PM   #1
bacord
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default curtis pmd troubleshoot help

I have a new to me golf cart it looks like a ez go maybe late 80's. When I bought it didn't run and was told it ran but the charger went bad so the batterys are shot. I bought a brand new set of batterys and a brand new charger and new Heavy Duty Solenoid . I turn on the key and push the acc petal and nothing, no clicks or anything. The throttle postion thing has 3 wires coming out, 2 to the controller (black and blue) and the third wire (green) goes to a small post on the Solenoid. The micro switch on "Throttle postion thing.????" works. It's a Curtis PMC mod#1204-017 275 amp 24-36 volt . I get 38.4 volts from key to neg on last battery. I get voltage on one side of key with key off and voltage on both side of the key switch when key is on so I guess that's ok. On the big solenoid I get 36.7 to neutral on the larger post with 2 4 ga wires, One going to A1 on motor and one to the bottom right connector on controller (see pic) and 38.4 on the other large post on solenoid going to POS on #1 battery. From the 2 wires (black and blue) that comes from the acc petal to the controller I start with about 750 ohms at rest and climbs as I press the petal up to about 4000 ohms then O/L at full throttle.I see Scottyb's Ezgo diagnostics I just need to to know if it's a ITS, DCS or what ever.These are old pics and I cleaned all connections one at a time. Is the black thing between the solenoid and F/R switch a back up alarm or what. If some one can point me in the right direction I think I can save her. THANKS . .

Last edited by bacord; 06-25-2011 at 04:46 PM.. Reason: add info
bacord is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO