lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2012, 04:08 PM   #1
stonekn
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 97 TXT 295cc - Tried EVERYTHING - still backfiring and no power!!!

Unsure of exact year, but I know its a '95-'98 model EZ GO TXT with a 295cc Robin EH29C

No matter what I do, the motor bogs down, backfires through the carb & won't move once the engine is under a load when the clutch grabs the drive belt. I can eventually get it up to full throttle in neutral, but when in gear, it barely has enough power to get moving & once I do get it rolling it doesn't seem to want to get up to top speed or full throttle even going downhill.

Below is a list of things I have done already:

Set & re-set the valves about 15 times (both engine hot & cold) at .004", and eventually replaced the valves, springs, and valve seats. (Yes, I properly lapped the valves before installation)

double checked the timing marks (according to the manual, I should line up the key on the cranckshaft with the timing mark, but my model also had what appears to be a timing mark on the cog as well. Do I line up the key or the dot?)

rebuilt the carb twice - it's still spitting fuel out the front of the carb & backfiring. It seems like it may be flooding itself out, but the carb is clean, float is set & there are virtually no adjustments to adjust the fuel air mixture.

replaced the spark plugs with factory recommended plugs

Ignitor, coils & control module are all brand new & I have confirmed that they are producing a big fat blue spark, so I know it's not an ignition issue.

performed compression test on both cylinders - #1 is at 155lbs & #2 is at 144lbs.

I know these engines at a real bear to get right & it's usually an issue with the valves, but I have done everything to spec & still can't get the results I'm looking for. Anyone have any ideas on what I'm doing wrong or haven't tried yet?
stonekn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
backfire, bog down, ez-go, loss of power
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO