lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2016, 10:00 PM   #1
romlus
Not Yet Wild

Default columbia carburator

I have a columbia golf cart vin #5k-20200-c5 i think it is an 1985 i think the carb is the wrong one you have to run it on half choke and if you stop to start again you have to full choke it for 20 seconds before it will go again and then return it to half choke again or it will stop. Dose the correct carb for this cart have the fuel pump on the carburator or in line because mine is inline.any help would be appricated where can i call to ask for parts?
romlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2016, 06:32 AM   #2
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: columbia carburator

Those used Walbro brand carbs. They did NOT have the internal pumps like the older carts did. Those used three-line vacuum pumps: one from the gas tank to the pump, another from the pump to the carb, another from the crankcase to the pump. A lot of people, me included, convert from the mechanical vacuum system to electronic pumps. If this is the case with your cart you may only have two lines with the crankcase line being sealed as it is obsolete with an electric pump conversion.

Having to choke indicates a fuel delivery issue that is probably to most common issue with older carts. Your carb should have a fuel adjustment screw on it. You probably want to start with trying to open it up more.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 07:07 PM   #3
backyard
Gone Wild
Columbia

Yes thats an 85 model. My info shows the correct carb is either a Walbro LMB230 or LMB231.

The Walbro WHL 11 on 87-95 models had the fuel pump attached to the side of the carb. They basically screw into the fuel inlet on the carb, not necessarily made into the carb. They do fit the same bolts as the LMB230 so someone could have changed it.

Really it doesn't matter which one you have as long as the carb works and the pump pumps.

You'd probably be better off just ordering a cheap Mikuni BV19 or BV24 carb off ebay. They aren't much. You'd have to move some linkages around to make it work but they will fit. You can also get the 3 prong fuel pumps about anywhere.

Your cart isn't getting enough fuel. Either the pump isn't working, crankcase isn't providing enough vacuum/pressure to operate the pump, the carb is incorrectly adusted or clogged up.
backyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 08:10 PM   #4
romlus
Not Yet Wild

ok thanks for the info the carb is a LMB 234 will that work?
Old 05-13-2016, 10:02 AM   #5
backyard
Gone Wild
Columbia

I don't see why not as long as it attaches to the intake and is adjusted properly and the passages are clean.

Does it have the square block fuel pump screwed into the side of the carb or the round 3 prong fuel pump?
backyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 12:50 PM   #6
romlus
Not Yet Wild

3 prong round how hard is the crank case repair
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar