lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-2016, 01:19 PM   #1
Not Yet Wild

Default No idea what this is

All,

I have no idea what kind of cart I have and that has proven to be a problem for my troubleshooting. I have tried looking in all the locations recommended in the cart ID sticky but have been unsuccessful. The cart will only go forward even when the f/n/r is in neutral or reverse. So without knowing the make/model I have checked the relay and it seems to be good, next would be the switch and then I assume the OBC if in fact that is what is below the controller. Am I on the right path?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0897.jpg (220.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0900.jpg (221.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0904.jpg (226.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0905.jpg (231.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0881.jpg (205.4 KB, 0 views)
0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-23-2016, 01:25 PM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: No idea what this is

Looks like a 2001.5 to 2008 ezgo TXT PDS converted to 48 volt. Lift up the plastic cover over the rear batteries and there should be a sticker on the frame with the ser number

Moved to Electric Ezgo
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 01:47 PM   #3
Not Yet Wild

Wow that was quick, thanks! Any idea on the drive issue? Is that an OBC under the controller?
Old 10-23-2016, 01:58 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

My guess is a DCS cart with a DCX controller. DCS carts default to forward unless they sense pack voltage on pin 4.. With the cart on jack stands, put a VOM with the - on B- on the controller, put + on pin 4, put in reverse, key on and hit the go pedal. You should see pack voltage. If not you either have a bad switch or broken wire.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 02:09 PM   #5
rib33024

They didn't make a DCS cart with a 4 bolt steering column. Ezgo did not have an OBC, that is club car only
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 02:14 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Sorry, should have been more clear and I saw the four bolts after I posted..

What I meant is it is wired in a DCS configuration. Probably is a PDS motor but I didn't see the PDS harness on the Alltrax so DCS came to mind.
Old 10-23-2016, 05:33 PM   #7
Not Yet Wild

So I disconnected the switch to check connection. Once I reconnected it everything came back to life... for a minute everything worked as it should. Then neutral and reverse went out again. Disconnected/reconnected again and it worked again but with little power, just enough to back it into spot.
Old 10-23-2016, 08:42 PM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Again, check pin 4 for pack voltage in reverse. If it there you probably have a controller problem.
Old 10-24-2016, 10:50 AM   #9
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Actually it is either a Star or a Fairway. I forget which one started out this way. They copied the EZGO frame design and built their first carts to look just like an EZGO. When I was working for EZGO years ago, we had one of these come in for service because the owner thought it was an EZGO. The diagnostics work out just like a PDS cart though.......
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO