lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-28-2019, 12:44 PM   #1
--sYs--
Not Yet Wild

Default 2006 TXT issues

Hey gang,

First time post here. I bought a 2006 TXT from a family that's father used it for hunting. He passed away and they put a for sale sign on it and I took it out for drives two separate times. Seemed to run great so I bought it.

No sooner I get it home, one of the battery cables was loose and it melted the terminal on the negative end. Thought, my mistake for not checking them, bought a new battery and charged it and ran great.

Few days later the kids drive it and it would come to a stop. They'd turn the key off then on and it would go a little way and stop again. Pushed it into the basement and put it on the charger (which never shut off like I thought it was supposed too).

Kids took it out again and it died, hooked it up to the charger and now the charger won't work. It's like one thing after another.

Any ideas on what could be going on? The son that sold it to me said the other 5 batteries were fairly new. Seemed legit on the deal, but I hope I didn't get the wrong end here.

Thanks
--sYs-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-28-2019, 03:59 PM   #2
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2006 TXT issues

You did buy a good cart, Lots of things will go wrong but remain positive, there is a lot of info for your cart on the internet, look at one sponsor CARTS UNLIMITED, they have a great EZGO troubleshooting section,
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 07:04 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Need to identify which type drive system your cart has to troubleshoot it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgoguide.jpg (78.0 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 08:04 PM   #4
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

May want to determine battery condition.
Check all battery connections,water level,voltage readings pack and each batteries voltage.
Once battery’s voltage known along with drive type forum can help.
Batteries need a minimum voltage for charger to turn on. Batteries should never be discharged to less then 80% ideally for increased battery life. Sounds like yours may have been discharged below that.
Battery maint. Is key in electric carts.
Sounds like you got a nice cart. TXT’s are very user friendly as for troubleshooting and mods as they are not computer controlled
Never do anything electrical without putting tow/run switch in tow.cleaning terminals,disconnecting,connecting batteries ect. Put switch in tow,maint.mode.
Also download owners manual from stickies on this site as it will help.
Welcome to forum. Very knowledgeable people here that will help.��
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 07:26 AM   #5
--sYs--
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the replies.

I did check the terminals, all nice and tight but I need to check the water levels as well. Any thoughts on the charger? Odd it would just stop working.
Old 08-29-2019, 09:11 AM   #6
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by --sYs-- View Post
Thanks for the replies.

I did check the terminals, all nice and tight but I need to check the water levels as well. Any thoughts on the charger? Odd it would just stop working.
Often charger problems are actually battery problems. Charger needs to see a minimum voltage to come on.

For anyone to help troubleshoot they will need to know the drive system in the cart and battery details. What brand etc. A picture of under the seat would help. Answer the question in post#3 please.

You will need a digital multi-meter (volt meter). If you have one make sure the battery in it is fresh.

I hate to say this but in my area if the seller says "batteries are fairly new" that is code for wore out but good enough to run the cart for at least 10-20 minutes.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 04:10 PM   #7
--sYs--
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
Often charger problems are actually battery problems. Charger needs to see a minimum voltage to come on.

For anyone to help troubleshoot they will need to know the drive system in the cart and battery details. What brand etc. A picture of under the seat would help. Answer the question in post#3 please.

You will need a digital multi-meter (volt meter). If you have one make sure the battery in it is fresh.

I hate to say this but in my area if the seller says "batteries are fairly new" that is code for wore out but good enough to run the cart for at least 10-20 minutes.

Well I live in a small town with these people. Usually you don't screw over your neighbors but you're right, they may be old. I'll take a pic of everything I can. Thanks bud!
Old 08-29-2019, 04:12 PM   #8
--sYs--
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Need to identify which type drive system your cart has to troubleshoot it.
From that pic and the fwd/rev switch it's a sepex
Old 09-03-2019, 10:05 AM   #9
--sYs--
Not Yet Wild

Update.

I got all new batteries (fully charged) and the cart will run for about 5 mins then come to a slow stop. Turn the key off then on, and it will barely move. Thoughts??
Old 09-03-2019, 11:04 AM   #10
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

a 2006 EZGO cart with sepex drive is a PDS, so put the controller in diagnostic mode and listen for beeped error codes when it misbehaves.

Text at bottom of attached PDS label tells you how to get into diagnostic mode.

Also, how tall are the tires?

Stock height is 18". If they are taller, the controller might be going into thermal shutdown.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PDS Label on Controller Cover.JPG (142.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO