lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-2010, 07:48 PM   #1
streetoutlaw
Not Yet Wild

Default CarryAll questions and concerns...

well I just wanted to say first and foremost that this site is VERY cool and I am so glad I found it...now, having said that, I am bummed about my new CarryAll I just bought...its a 1998 with a fe350 engine that runs like complete poop...only 8.5 mph on my gps...the second issue is a bit more troubling, it has a pretty good oil leak coming out from the top of the clutch case just underneath where the head bolts to the block...do these CC leak there typically or am I just that lucky to find a problem child right out of the gates...any help would be Much appreciated...thanks
streetoutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2010, 09:40 PM   #2
jiminpa
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: CarryAll questions and concerns...

On the oil issue, this is what I was told a little while back regarding this.
"yep the side cover gasket is leaking, it is leaking on the topside of the sidecover where the two stud bolts are with the nut's added to them, they over torqued them and crushed the gasket at the factory an leak sooner or later. Easiest way for a novice to change the gasket is to pull the motor, you'll also have to pull the clutch which will require a clutch puller bolt, have to get it from a dealer or borrow one.What happen was the two stud bolts were put in at the proper torque but when c.c. put the two nut's on they over torqed the nuts and turned the stud bolt's tighter and crushed the gasket. Sorry to be so long but good thing's to know good luck"

Good luck...
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:04 PM   #3
streetoutlaw
Not Yet Wild

thanks for the response, I was hoping that wasnt the case, but I think that it very well might be...sucks...but on a positive note, I figured out why this little sucker had no sack to it, turns out the throttle plate wasnt opening all the way on it, the spring was all worn out on the cable coming from the gas pedal to the swing arm in the back of the motor, which would in turn only pull the other cable about halfway which was attached to the carb...so I went from 8.5 mph to 14.....wonder how fast these CarryAll's are supposed to go from from the factory...anyone have an idea...this one has the fe350 motor in it...just curious
Old 07-13-2010, 11:31 PM   #4
jiminpa
Gone Wild

Club Car

I don't know what the CarryAll's are factory set to. Another poster has said 10~12 on a factory DS Club Car. But, I don't know if that applies to a CarryAll.
Did you see this Sticky thread?

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...-club-car.html

You may find something useful
Old 07-13-2010, 11:53 PM   #5
streetoutlaw
Not Yet Wild

yeah, I read that thread, guess that will be my next step...I would like to get this thing in the 18mph range ideally...that one thing that I find odd is why does this thing take so long to move after you have stepped on the GO pedal, it like a 5 second wait at times...very odd....
Old 07-14-2010, 06:56 AM   #6
jiminpa
Gone Wild

Club Car

do you hear the solenoid click when you first press the peddle? Have you flipped up the seat and watched what happens? might be belt slipping a bit from a little bit of oil spray or it might be a bit loose. Might be batt is a bit weak and has to work to get past the initial compression of the first rotation and once it gets rolling it starts and you're fine. I would first look to see if the starter is actually spinning and the belt is slipping. That is my bet.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:32 AM   #7
streetoutlaw
Not Yet Wild

I checked things out and the belt is nice and tight, no slipping going on...as for the battery, its showing 12.5 on the volt meter so I think thats ok as well...not sure whats up, but I have read that the brushed in the starter generator go bad over time, I wonder if thats whats happening maybe?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car