lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2012, 07:01 PM   #21
kantuckian
Gone Wild

Default Re: EZ-GO No spark, looking for pulser?

Good info
kantuckian is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2015, 06:47 AM   #22
rwacome
Not Yet Wild

Should you get some reading on the ohm meter even if the pulsar is gone ?
rwacome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 09:11 AM   #23
fatbiker
Not Yet Wild

This HEI you speak of do you have a part number I have a 1993 with the 295cc engine. I owuld like to try this but not sure what to ask for when I go to the parts store. Thanks Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
150 is fine (my brand new OEM replacement pulsar arrived reading 164 over a year ago and has been cruisin fine since)

If your cart is an 88 (which the SN supports) it has the 244cc Robin 2PG engine, 9hp at 5k RPM (which is redline)

If your pulsar is good (which it seems) and the coil is OK, you're looking at another common issue, a bad ignitor. The bad news is there is no way to test them other than replacement (seriously - NO way) but the good news is you can replace the $100+ ignitor box with a $22 HEI module from NAPA and you'll be fine, not to mention you'll have a much stronger spark. Search "HEI Mod" here in the forums for the diagram, should take you all of about an hour to do.

Make SURE when you mount the HEI though that you grind a bare spot behind it so it mounts solidly metal-to-metal with FULL contact on the rear of the module, both for grounding and for heatsinking - when you find the HEI Mod threads you'll see that, but it's MUCHO important so I figured I'd reiterate it right away!
fatbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 07:46 AM   #24
rangech
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

I read Dales post about replacing the igniter with GM module. Followed the wiring details and works like a charm on my 4-stroke twin cylinder EZ-GO engine. Thanks Dale.
rangech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 06:38 PM   #25
Skizix
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey guys. Im having a similar issue (no spark$. I recently just removed all wires from the battery to clean things up with cable wraps. Afterwards, no start. Ive checked the plugs, duses, starter generator, and carb to no avail. I'm learning about these carts but certainly no expert. Wanting to know if any of you experts are located in south Florida. Im at the point. I would like to participate just to learn but will certainly pay dor your valuable time.
Skizix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 06:40 PM   #26
Skizix
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Sorry for all the grammatical errors. Fat fingers on a phone.
Skizix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 08:15 PM   #27
Mwbrown1979
Not Yet Wild

I know this is dated, but I have a 99 txt that I would love to do the hei conversion to, but haven't found anyone that has done it with the twin cylinder Robbins engine, only the single cylinder. Do I understand your post as saying you have? If so, ANY information would be greatly appreciated!!!
Mwbrown1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 07:25 PM   #28
Nickgwilliam
Not Yet Wild

Do you have a picture and diagram of the new Hei? I just got a cart and getting no spark
Nickgwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO