lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2016, 11:55 AM   #1
d.medic
Not Yet Wild

Default No start, No power

Hello all, New to the forum and just trying to help my retired father get his 92-96 Club Car DS gas golf cart running again.

The cart started having intermittent no start scenarios. Step on the pedal nothing, step on the pedal nothing, step on the pedal it would go. This finally turned into it never working.

After searching this forum I decided to check the fuse, battery, ground and then ultimately replace the solenoid. After replacing the solenoid there was no change, still no start. I then replaced all the micro switches. Still no start.

I have metered the solenoid. I am getting switched 12v on the small blue wire (with the key), 12v on the small orange wire, and 12v on the large red wire(more like almost 13v). I can not get 12v on the starter side of the solenoid. In fact it reads ground (maybe because it is still closed??) If I jump 12 volts from the large post I can get the cart to run.

What else am I missing? Is it possible I got a bad new solenoid? Any help would be very appreciated, I am running out of things to replace :-)
Thank you!
d.medic is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car