lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2016, 04:19 AM   #1
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

Default Steering way to easy

I have something that's not really a big issue but it does have me puzzled. A couple of weeks ago I got some new tires/rims. 22" off road tires now when I hit the pavement the steering is sketchy almost as if the tires are floating with no real resistance. Now the tires have a pretty good crown to them, my question is since is a 96 carryall with a unproven 6000+ hrs on it could my steering box just be worn or is it just the high crown on these new tires? Any opinions?
ericandrews331@msn.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-02-2016, 12:46 PM   #2
mdillonaire
Getting Wild

Default Re: Steering way to easy

When you say "sketchy" do you mean it wiggles around on you a lot without you moving the steering wheel? If thats the case, it would point towards ball joints/tie rod ends. As far as low resistance steering, i think that would most likely be the crowning of the tire. Since thees less surface area touching the ground, you have less friction to move the tire. If i were you, Id jack it up, pull the tires, check for play in the suspension and ball joints, do a visual inspection for anything out of order and wiggle the tie rods to see if theres any play in them. If you want to check your steering rack for wear, an easy way to see if your teeth are worn is to sit parked and slowly turn the wheel back and forth. If theres a delay between you turning the wheel one direction and the wheels turning then you have some wear. Honestly I dont think you should have an issue with the rack, I have yet to see a steering rack that is the culprit of an issue. Its almost always ball joints, worn/bent suspension parts, or wheel bearings.
mdillonaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 01:22 PM   #3
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

Well the ball joints are a couple months old so I guess it just the crown of the tire just not use to it I guess. Hmm steering stabilizer .....
Old 09-02-2016, 01:52 PM   #4
rib33024

Need to set the Tow in on the front tires. !/8 to 1/4" in on the front tires. That will stop it from wondering all over the road

rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 02:27 PM   #5
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
Need to set the Tow in on the front tires. !/8 to 1/4" in on the front tires. That will stop it from wondering all over the road

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFWrtkM3e3E
cool I'll give it a shot thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car