lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-14-2021, 08:25 AM   #1
Que
Not Yet Wild

Cool 2007 Precedent gas problem

My 2007 Precedent starts but runs only like an idle with not enough power to move the cart. It has to be a gas line problem I just put a new line filter in without improvement. Sometimes it will run fine but if this happens away from home I can't get it back.
Que is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-14-2021, 10:44 AM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 2007 Precedent gas problem

Are you sure it’s got spark when it does this?

The starter/generator will make the engine seem to “idle” but it’s not really “running”. It’s just turning the engine over, it will do that all day until the battery dies.

I’d check for spark first. Make sure when it dies, you have a fat blue spark. Carry a spare plug with you, and just disconnect the wire from the plug, plug in your spare and hold it to a valve cover bolt. If it’s fat and blue then we can move to fuel or other stuff. If it is white, yellow, or no spark at all we can chase down that road. But we have to start with the basics... gotta walk before you can run.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 05:31 PM   #3
Que
Not Yet Wild

THANKS, I will try the spark plug thing. It has been raining all day and the cart is outside.
Old 02-14-2021, 07:23 PM   #4
Saltspray
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Don’t discount the easy stuff. Fuel pump. Stuck gas cap vent etc.
Saltspray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 09:37 AM   #5
Que
Not Yet Wild

I tried the spark plug test and the spark is weak and yellow.
Old 02-15-2021, 10:56 AM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

If the spark is present and consistent, but weak and yellow then the coil is weak and failing. You’ll want to remove the engine to replace it. Some people just “loosen” the engine in the cart and do it with it still in there, tilt it on the side some. But for the extra 5 minutes it takes to pull the engine out the rest of the way it’s worth it. Much easier to do it on a work bench than crawling around underneath the thing.

I’d highly recommend buying a new coil from www.revolutiongolfcars.com call David and talk to him. Great guy and super helpful. That’s probably the only online place to get an OEM coil and know it’s going to be an OEM coil. All the ones on Amazon and eBay are aftermarket and junk. You might save 10 bucks with an aftermarket one but you’ll be pulling the motor again in a month or two when it fails. An OEM coil will last another 10-15 years like the first one did.
Old 02-22-2021, 08:32 AM   #7
Que
Not Yet Wild

It turned out to be the REV limiter was bad. The only thing is this part at the dealer sells for $163 I can't believe something that small could cost that much.
Old 02-22-2021, 08:37 AM   #8
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Glad you got it sorted. I’ve never seen a rev limiter cause a weak yellow spark... I’d keep an eye on that. Seen plenty of rev limiters cause intermittent or no spark at all.

Lot easier to fix though!
Old 02-22-2021, 05:43 PM   #9
Que
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for your help!

Tags
club car gas problem
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car