lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2010, 10:02 PM   #1
Logansar
Not Yet Wild

Default No Power or VERY Hard to Start - I can only have one!

I have had this EZGO for about 4 years. It is a gas 2003 ( I think) and it ran very well for the last 3 years. Now if it starts easy (like it does now) it will not pull up a hill. It is very hard to start then it runs great once it starts.

We use it for Sporting Clays and the shotgun courses vary. I have taken it to many different "EZGO mechanics" but am beginning to think it is all guess work on their part.

SO I turn to the real experts - the users.... can anyone suggest what I need to check or what to do to get this cart running well and starting? Currently it starts very well but will just barely pull 2 people up a hill. It never gets that "higher RPM" sound... I am thinking it is a fuel issue.. either lean or rich depending on who works on it.

Any ideas?

Sgt Paul
Logansar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2010, 06:23 AM   #2
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Default Re: No Power or VERY Hard to Start - I can only have one!

There are several poss. here. Just reading the thread I'm thinkin a compression check is is order just to cover that base. The next thing that comes to mind is a driven clutch issue or belt. After the compression check I would lift the rear tires or put it in neutral and give it some gas to see if the clutches are moving properly. Hope this helps..
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:43 AM   #3
ruredy
Born Wild

Hell, it is all guess work.....even more so when you can't even see the cart and a written description is all you have to go by. first thing i'd do is a valve adjustment, maybe add some seafoam to the gas. if other mechanics have not been able to figure it out i'd tend to think it's a bad wire connection/ground or an igniter issue. there is no real adjustment on the carb that will affect it that much so unless the carb is shot (the running good part says it's not) or somebody has mucked up the float level, it's probably ok. also check hoses going to the fuel pump, if the vac hose is cracked or has gas in it it'll be a pump issue
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:28 PM   #4
divot61
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

i agree with ruredy, definitely check all he mentioned, also check the vacuum tube as ruredy said and, dare i say this? give it a blowjob sometimes oil accumulates in the vacuum hose and restricts the "pulse" for the fuel pump. is the drive belt old?
divot61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:04 AM   #5
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

also check for sticking cables. Since you use it off road these cables get dirt in them causing them to stick. Also check to make sure the gov is working everytime. i have seen the springs break and give issues like you are describing. It would also be a good idea to remove carb and give it a good bath, it can't hurt,
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 06:42 PM   #6
Logansar
Not Yet Wild

looks like I have a weekend of cleaning and checking ahead of me. Thanks and i will go from here with the suggestions.

Sarge
Logansar is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO