lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-23-2010, 05:35 PM   #1
on_the_fly
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default gas CC home made lift

ok guys i've been searching past post all day and cant find any thing that is related to a home made lift for the club car. i found many for ez-go. so if some one could point me where im needing to be looking would be great or shoot me some advice from this thread.
ok i have a 01 gas club (pic in my profile) its all stock besides i painted it back in the spring and added the tinted window and a set of running lights. but I'm wanting to lift up im thinking i realy want to got 8 but posably 10 inches but defanatly the 8" + what another two to three i was thinking i'll get out of bigger tires. any ways back to point i've found a arm lifts and looking them over i think i would have no problem making a copy of one of these lifts but i have no way to get the measurements to copy. so now im here trying to see how much knowlage i can gather from here. like if i make do i need to streach the width of the stance if so how much. on the spindles, does the spindle need to be longer off the vertical tube to help space the tire out from the steering arm or is this only acheived by off set rims. any help to point me off in the right direction would be a big big thanks
on_the_fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-24-2010, 10:04 AM   #2
on_the_fly
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: gas CC home made lift

no bites? is the club too much trouble to fool with , is that why im only finding info on ez-go carts because there the only ones that are ez enough for the avarage weekend warior to handle. surely someone here has fab'ed their own gas cc lift.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:06 AM   #3
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Just buy a quality lift kit - You'll be much happier in the long run...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 05:06 PM   #4
on_the_fly
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
Just buy a quality lift kit - You'll be much happier in the long run...
well after a few months i was able to make my own Z lift (7"s), built a brush guard, paint job, window, and rear box, new 10" wheels, used set of 23x11x10 dunlop kt896's (tires cost me welding two cracks in neighbors old john boat), i payed 2000.oo for the stock 01 club car this past fall and have slowly modded it myself over the winter.

cart 2000.oo
window 100.oo
paint job 50.oo
lift 50.oo
runing lights 20.oo
brush guard 0
rear box 0

2220.oo buck so far and couldent be more pleased!!
now still need to add radio n speakers, rear window, factory front head light kit, new cooler mached seat covers, and going to redo the rear box i made to make it tilt and hoping to make were after box is tilted up it will give acsess to a storage area.
To the few that did help with the few questions i had and fixes for like the intake tube issue i ran into. you know who you all were and i give a big thanks fellas

cart before n as of now pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 195.jpg (58.0 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg lifted cart2.jpg (80.3 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg lifted cart3.jpg (82.8 KB, 36 views)
Old 03-13-2011, 11:26 PM   #5
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

your cart looks great on_the_fly! very inspiring work you've done there sir! keeping with the budget theme, you may want to check craig's list & eBay for the stereo goods.
-sj
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:04 PM   #6
chuddly
Gone Wild

Yamaha

good lookin cart...keep up the good work. If you have build pictures of your home made lift you might want to post them up
chuddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 01:52 PM   #7
on_the_fly
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicj View Post
your cart looks great on_the_fly! very inspiring work you've done there sir! keeping with the budget theme, you may want to check craig's list & eBay for the stereo goods.
-sj
thanks sonic although i know there are alot of people that dont like the Z lift, but o well, z lifts were good enough that club car use to put them on there cart from the factory (3 inch z lifts) and well i just didnt have 300 to through in a lift. and for the radio we live at a big lake and its not hard to find a marine radio n speakers used, think i should be able to get a good radio i can plug my ipod/iphone into for around 50 bucks.

[QUOTE=chuddly] good lookin cart...keep up the good work. If you have build pictures of your home made lift you might want to post them up

thanks chuddly !! i didnt take pic's in a step to step but did take a few of close up finnished product but are all ready posted in a thread in the gas cc area
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center