lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2011, 01:57 PM   #11
Nina123
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Replaced the batteries, now the radio doesn't work! Please help!

Scotty and Rabbitreborn, thank you so much! You guys are AWESOME!!! Tried your suggestion and everything works fine. Thank you also for the great picture with the arrows as to wear to hook the wire to

Have a great 4th of July weekend!

You guys ROCK!!!!
Nina123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2011, 02:04 PM   #12
Nina123
Not Yet Wild

Thank you so much Scotty and Rabbitreborn, your suggestion and awesome pictures did the job! Everything works now

You guys are awesome and I really appreciate your help (so does my hubby because now he doesn't have to listen to me whine about it not working).

You guys ROCK!!!

Have a great 4th of July
Nina123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 02:43 PM   #13
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Nina, I am glad Scotty and I were able to assist you. take the cart out for a cruise tomorrow and enjoy the fact that YOU were the one to get the issue fixed at a total cost of $00.00 .......

Oh and don't be too hard on the dealer that you got the batteries from... we all make mistakes from time to time when reconnecting wires, thankfully this was an inexpensive mistake that was easily solved.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 03:08 PM   #14
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

sometimes from behind the puter the more hands in the soup ain,t always bad even more when they have the combined knowledge of scotty and rabbit.......its a good thing..................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 03:15 PM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Lucky we ain't cooking together. I got a pot o beans on, likely they would have chilies and sugar in em by now
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 03:26 PM   #16
OlManRivah
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

If I was a Dealer, I'd like to know if I've got a Hack in the shop. Or if it was a mistake, a good Tech would like to know. Both wires on same terminal........
Obviously no testing after installation.

If that was messed up, good luck on the rest of the job.........
OlManRivah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 03:36 PM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlManRivah View Post
If I was a Dealer, I'd like to know if I've got a Hack in the shop. Or if it was a mistake, a good Tech would like to know. Both wires on same terminal........

That is a little harsh. I'm a good tech and last week I made a similar mistake. There are as many way to hook up 12v accessories as there are batteries squared.
Sometimes we just get too much going on at once..... we are human. One wire in the wrong place does not mean the whole job is messed up, but thank you for your opinion.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 04:00 PM   #18
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlManRivah View Post

seriously?? I have been working on carts for longer than I care to think about and I still make newbie mistakes like that from time to time.... Especially when I wasn't the one that did the initial install.... I did something VERY similar about a week ago but luckily the driver at my shop caught it before it went back to the customer. I left a ground wire off while installing a new set of batteries and the customer had headlights but no taillights. It's a simple mistake and it can happen to anyone, I was just lucky enough to have a good driver going behind me and double checking everything worked before he delivered it. I'm not making excuses, but I am the only mechanic in my shop and I worked on well over 30 carts last week alone with one of them being my first ever AC conversion....You bet my mind was totally focused on that upcoming job and I wouldn't have been supprised if I had wired in a battery backwards due to being nervous over it.....

Yeah, I would suggest she (or her husband) contact the dealer to let them know of the mistake, but I am sure the installer tested the cart for driveability and never even thought about the radio....
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 04:02 PM   #19
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i have seen the best of the best mess up,............i trust them completly and when i don,t trust them is when they start braggin about how good they are and would never had made THAT mistake........we all screw up beleive me i know but i still learn everytime i work on one..........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 04:31 PM   #20
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Lucky we ain't cooking together. I got a pot o beans on, likely they would have chilies and sugar in em by now
Come on Dog man put some vroom in them beans, some chilies and mustard
to make them fire cracker hot for the 4th.

What time is supper?
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO