lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2013, 01:36 PM   #11
abieex
Gone Loco

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 oil

From what I've learned 65-1 is probably rich.Most of the guys around here seem to be mixing at around 80-1 and some swear that 100-1 is good. I like the caution side of things so I'll use 80-1 with Yamalube 2R. Breaking in a new motor so I'm running 50-1 right now.
abieex is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-09-2013, 01:54 PM   #12
CharlieN
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The mix ratio also has to do with how you will be running the engine.
Will the engine live mostly at lower loads and rpm or will the throttle be flat to the floor much of the time.
Is there a governor on the cart still? the engine wold not generally be rung out hard with the governor still functioning compared to a cart that will run down the road nearing 30 MPH.

If you run it hard run it rich. If you loaf about on the lawn it will be happier with a leaner mix.
CharlieN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:12 PM   #13
abieex
Gone Loco

Yamaha

Makes good sense CharlieN!
abieex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:26 PM   #14
85.G3
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj_355 View Post
im pre mixing disabled my oil injection. So what blend of pennzoil and is 2oz per gallon good? Its something like 65/1. Let me know please and thank you
MJ .. You should get a ratio rite cup if you don't have one so you mix exactly what you want.

http://www.shadetreepowersports.com/...shopping_feeds
85.G3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:00 PM   #15
ice329
Getting Wild
Yamaha

I used to race MX, if i learned one thing is the oil makes a differnce. Soon as i got my cart I went right for the Bel Ray which ran good but they took the cool smell of back in the day out of it, so next i went cheap and tryed the penzoil and the cart ran like junk, I tryed several oils some straight synthetic some mixes ect. IMO the yamalube definatly runs the best, very clean burning and smellls pretty good, then a tie for second between Belray and Golden Spectro. You want a cool smelling oil try the golden spectro. Seems the magic ratio is 1 1/2 oz to 1 gal. If your a hot rod then cheat more twards 2oz and if your a putt putter cheat twards 1 1/4 oz per gal. I tryed 1 oz per gal and the cart actually did not like it plus i was a basket case thinking its gonna blow up. I just finished up a bottle of Yamalube I think my next oil will be golden spectro... i need the smell for a while/ G/L PS if you cant find yamalube just look on ebay it will cost you a few bucks for shipping but one bottle lasts a long time anyway. wow just looked quick,, prices seem up but 20 bucks isnt to bad for a quart http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamalube-All...706ebb&vxp=mtr
ice329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:00 PM   #16
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

You mean bean oil, its castor oil. I think Castrol and Klotz still make a 2 stroke oil with castor oil in it. It can carbon up an engine if there is a lot of it, though it does lubricate very well. When we ran sleds we used to put a little of that in maybe 20% of the oil, to make it smell like that lol. I should get some for my weedeater I miss that stuff. Golden spectro is a very good oil, used to run that in MX bikes a lot.

http://www.sea-doo.net/techarticles/oil/oil.htm
http://www.klemmvintage.com/oils.htm
http://www.allthingsmoto.com/forums/...ls-good-33696/

In fact we used to put a little (like 200:1 maybe) in our muscle cars when we were young just to mess with people. They thought we had race gas in the car lol.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:50 PM   #17
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

LOL....there's 3 threads buzzing about oil right now....
slonomo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:58 PM   #18
ice329
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Right... i can sum it up in a sentance. 1 1/2 oz per gallon, try yamalube, belray or golden spectro. hehehe the cheap stuff works but if you open up your motor it will be gummed up and black and your cart will feel sluggish and foul plugs. G1 uses such a small amount just get something good for piece of mind if nothing else. hehhe
ice329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha