lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2014, 09:58 AM   #1
RAF81
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Real Honda gx390 or Clone Motor???

I have a line on a Honda GX390 motor for less than $300 and I'm wondering if this is a better route to go over a clone motor. I seen the install kit from Vegas Carts so that makes installing easy. Also, is all the upgraded parts worth it for the clone motors that Vegas Cart sells? It seems your close to $700 by the time you add all the billet upgraded stuff. Their install kit also includes a Comet 780 drive clutch, would the stock clutch work just as well? I appreciate any advice or input from the guys who have upgraded their motors, Thanks.
RAF81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2014, 01:41 PM   #2
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: Real Honda gx390 or Clone Motor???

I have no personal experience with these engine swaps, but always thought that if I ever did one, in my gut I'd go for the better quality of the Honda motor if possible.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:28 PM   #3
ezgo on fire
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Real Honda gx390 or Clone Motor???

I just did my first swap in a yamaha g16. The clone motor seems to be running good. Lots of valve train noise. The rocker studs and arms are a little cheap. I would go with The Honda for the same price. Install goes easy with the kit from Vegas. I used there clutch. Lots of torque vs stock motor in the yamaha.
ezgo on fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car