lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.



Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2011, 12:50 PM   #11
Motorman 007
Getting Wild
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Eastern Mass
Posts: 77
Default Re: "83 EZGO Fuel delivery issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by racin161 View Post
With the piston and cylinder change you did get the piston in right? hole on the intake side. Quick check remove the exh pipe run the piston through and make sure you don't see a port if you do OPPS!! just thinking. Hope it's just the seals we've all been there. Keep us posted.
I've got this sucker torn down to it's skivvies today. Kudos to you guys as the flywheel side CS seal is totally wasted to the point that I found a piece of the seal retainer spring in the crankcase. The kicker is the reason it is junk is because the flywheel side CS bearing is junk. The ball bearings are there but the cage is in pieces. So it turns out my donor engine is a piece of crap but I think I can use the piece of the "block" that I need. I should have just torn it all the way down in the first place......

Anyway, I'm going to now try and use the crankshaft and bearings from my engine (which ran fine before this project) and see if I can make something good out of all this bad. I have a question though. The 2 bearings on the clutch side...should those be on the crankshaft prior to assembling the 2 "halves" or should they be in the housing and then installed on the crank?

Thoughts and comments??
Motorman 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Old 12-17-2011, 04:08 PM   #12
Motorman 007
Getting Wild
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Eastern Mass
Posts: 77
Default Re: "83 EZGO Fuel delivery issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman 007 View Post
I've got this sucker torn down to it's skivvies today. Kudos to you guys as the flywheel side CS seal is totally wasted to the point that I found a piece of the seal retainer spring in the crankcase. The kicker is the reason it is junk is because the flywheel side CS bearing is junk. The ball bearings are there but the cage is in pieces. So it turns out my donor engine is a piece of crap but I think I can use the piece of the "block" that I need. I should have just torn it all the way down in the first place......

Anyway, I'm going to now try and use the crankshaft and bearings from my engine (which ran fine before this project) and see if I can make something good out of all this bad. I have a question though. The 2 bearings on the clutch side...should those be on the crankshaft prior to assembling the 2 "halves" or should they be in the housing and then installed on the crank?

Thoughts and comments??
So you all must be out Christmas shopping or something.....

I was able to swap all of my good stuff over to the "donor" engine. It is all back together. I put my clutch on because I didnt trust the comet clutch on the donor. I haven't dropped it in yet because I want to check the driven clutch and it looks so much easier with the engine out. The dust cover is long gone. A couple of times this past summer I had a condition where the cart would not turn over and it appeared the clutch was "locked". If I pushed the cart and jumped in and then accelerated it would take off and not do it again for a period of time. Is this a driven clutch or drive clutch issue? How do you remove a driven clutch? It's $200 bucks for a new driven clutch so if there is something I can do or check out, I'd like to do that. Thanks Guys.
Motorman 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 05:08 PM   #13
racin161
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,515
Default Re: "83 EZGO Fuel delivery issue

One bolt in the middle remove it and it will just slide off. I took mine apart and just cleaned everything real good and it worked fine. May be hanging due to dirt & grime. No shopping for me LOL
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 01:18 PM   #14
Motorman 007
Getting Wild
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Eastern Mass
Posts: 77
Default Re: "83 EZGO Fuel delivery issue

Just wanted to update you guys...the old '83 lives to see another season! In summary, I swapped the crank, all the bearings, clutch, and installed new CS seals and she runs perfect. Got sidetracked a little when I still didn't have fuel to the carb. I had to pressurize the fuel tank a bit to get fuel to the pump. Once the pump picked that up I was good to go. Lubed the driven clutch..R&R'd it with racin161 instructions, Thanks.

Thanks Dave B for the advice on the fuel pump/crankcase pressure. There is no way I would have figured that out on my own.

Next project is to try and adapt a top to this thing. I have the factory brackets but I just won't spend the $100+ bucks it takes to ship a new top. Are there any alternatives??
Thanks again to all.....

MM007
Motorman 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 04:35 PM   #15
Dave Box
Respect the Cart
 
Dave Box's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Rocky Mount, Virginia
Posts: 2,189
Default Re: "83 EZGO Fuel delivery issue

Another story with a happy ending, sounds almost like Christmas. Enjoy the cart.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:26 PM   #16
Motorman 007
Getting Wild
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Eastern Mass
Posts: 77
Default Re: "83 EZGO Fuel delivery issue

This is a pic of the front crank bearing in the donor engine...sorry for the poor quality.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011-12-17_16-25-55_180.jpg (94.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-12-17_16-26-38_806.jpg (151.0 KB, 4 views)
Motorman 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:09 AM   #17
racin161
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,515
Default Re: "83 EZGO Fuel delivery issue

WOW that is a happy story. Good Luck and HAPPY HOLIDAYS.
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:36 AM   #18
Motorman 007
Getting Wild
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Eastern Mass
Posts: 77
Default Re: "83 EZGO Fuel delivery issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman 007 View Post
Just wanted to update you guys...the old '83 lives to see another season! In summary, I swapped the crank, all the bearings, clutch, and installed new CS seals and she runs perfect. Got sidetracked a little when I still didn't have fuel to the carb. I had to pressurize the fuel tank a bit to get fuel to the pump. Once the pump picked that up I was good to go. Lubed the driven clutch..R&R'd it with racin161 instructions, Thanks.

Thanks Dave B for the advice on the fuel pump/crankcase pressure. There is no way I would have figured that out on my own.

Next project is to try and adapt a top to this thing. I have the factory brackets but I just won't spend the $100+ bucks it takes to ship a new top. Are there any alternatives??
Thanks again to all.....

MM007
Well...I'm back with some more questions. The above thread no longer has the happy ending...at least for now. I had been running the cart around my shop parking lot for a few months and loaded it up to take to Maine where we use it every weekend. It had been running great but not for an extended period. My son drove it for about 2 miles and the cart died. I have fuel to the carb and I have what appears to be decent spark and compression. Here's the kicker..when I spray starting fluid directly into the cylinder and re-install the plug it does not run. Tried a couple of different plugs too. Where do I go from here? THANKS!
Motorman 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:55 AM   #19
racin161
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,515
Default Re: "83 EZGO Fuel delivery issue

Try a new plug. If it was loaded or fouled its junk. Also did you locktite the seals in place when you replaced them? would hate to think one is blown out. Try the plug first cleaning the old one will no do. K
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:33 AM   #20
Motorman 007
Getting Wild
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Eastern Mass
Posts: 77
Default Re: "83 EZGO Fuel delivery issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by racin161 View Post
Try a new plug. If it was loaded or fouled its junk. Also did you locktite the seals in place when you replaced them? would hate to think one is blown out. Try the plug first cleaning the old one will no do. K
I've tried 3 different plugs already and if one of my CS seals was gone I wouldn't have any fuel delivery, correct? The FP runs off of crankcase pressure, yes? I have great fuel delivery right to the carb.
Motorman 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
79 Harley Gas Cart Fuel Delivery Gas Harley Davidson
fuel delivery issue '84 EZ Go Gas EZGO
G1 Yamaha with fuel delivery issue Gas Yamaha
89 Ezgo fuel pump issue Gas EZGO
G1 fuel delivery issue? Gas Yamaha


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:43 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This Website and forum is the property of Buggiesgonewild.com. No material may be taken or duplicated in part or full without prior written consent of the owners of buggiesgonewild.com. 2006-2017 Buggiesgonewild.com. All rights reserved.