lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-06-2016, 02:16 PM   #1
adamjeeps
Not Yet Wild

Default Picking up 2008 EZ GO TXT 36V

Anything I need to look for before actually buying it? Batteries are 3 years old. Has Freedom SE package? Lights, mirrors, turn signals, horn, wood locking dash compartments. Seems to be well cared for.

Looking forward to hopefully learning more about this and hope I'm not making a mistake!
adamjeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-27-2016, 11:54 AM   #2
adamjeeps
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Picking up 2008 EZ GO TXT 36V

Here are some pics:

Hour meter shows 264. Seems low for an 08? Any and all opinions/suggestions are welcome!
Old 08-27-2016, 12:21 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Looks to be in very good condition visually. How does it drive?
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 06:02 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

looks great. and the factory lights is a nice bonus, aftermarket lights are not uniform for wire color & quality (some are good, some bad, and few alike).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 07:58 PM   #5
adamjeeps
Not Yet Wild

Cart drives fine, smooth and quiet with good power.

I'm torn on leaving the watering system in place or scrapping it. I defintely want to use distilled water, so may have to look for some kind of pressure gun to attach to distilled water source. Never had a cart before, so really need to check water level asap. Can't assume the dealer or previous owner did it.

Looking to add a stereo of some kind. I would go bluetooth only, but my father in law will be using it too, and he needs an actual radio.

Also looking to lift the cart a little, maybe go with the EZGO factory 2 inch kit:
https://shop.ezgo.com/products/2-inc...t-for-txt.html

Also found these stock led tails:
https://shop.ezgo.com/products/LED-T...nd-Gasket.html

Would love to upgrade the halogen headlights and the others in front to led, did not find any stock way to do that.
Old 08-27-2016, 10:59 PM   #6
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

A couple of thoughts: My TXT has the factory lights also. The tail light bulbs are standard 1157 dual filament bulbs (for brake and signals). Walmart carries LED replacement 1157 bulbs in red, white and amber. I put the red ones in and they work fine. Brighter than the originals and instant on/off as you would expect. Significantly cheaper than replacing the whole unit. Either way you go, you will likely have to replace your turn signal flasher for one compatible with LED's.
There is a replacement headlight bar with all LEDs. Also, I think some people have found LED replacement bulbs for the factory headlights. Can't remember what they were. Sorry.
Radios can be problematic with electric golf carts. Interference from the speed controller. This seems to vary by individual cart and not so much by cart brand or year/model. Lots of people have done it. Using google to search this forum works better for me than the forums' internal search button.
Regarding 12v accessories, think of the golf cart like a boat. No grounding to the frame. I used marine grade switches and audio components.
In a 36v cart you can use two of the 6v batteries as the source for 12v but if you do you will unbalance the pack. It is best to use a 36v-12v voltage converter or even a separate 12v battery.
There is a LOT of info about all of this in the forum, but it can take some time to dig it all out.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 10:45 AM   #7
adamjeeps
Not Yet Wild

You think you would need to replace the flasher with the factory led lights? Seems like EZGO would note that in their details. I like the look of the factory lights, as the entire lens is covered with leds.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO