lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-29-2007, 07:28 PM   #1
BuggyBrain
Not Yet Wild

Default G2 Carb Problems...help!!!

I got one of the .046 Carts Plus jets & put it in. Got the motor running today but it runs WAY lean & won't rev unless the choke's on. It's got a brand new carb manifold spacer (black plastic piece) so I know that's not cracked. Has new gaskets. Has K&N filter. Any ideas? The .046 they sent me doesn't look much bigger than the stock jet. Also, the .046 they sent me goes in the side of the down pipe in the float bowl, NOT in the middle. The jet in the middle has a great big hole already. What gives? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!!
Mike (BB)
BuggyBrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-29-2007, 07:41 PM   #2
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Default Re: G2 Carb Problems...help!!!

I would call Tom (1.888.861.2640) and ask him about it.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 07:44 PM   #3
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuggyBrain View Post
I got one of the .046 Carts Plus jets & put it in. Got the motor running today but it runs WAY lean & won't rev unless the choke's on. It's got a brand new carb manifold spacer (black plastic piece) so I know that's not cracked. Has new gaskets. Has K&N filter. Any ideas? The .046 they sent me doesn't look much bigger than the stock jet. Also, the .046 they sent me goes in the side of the down pipe in the float bowl, NOT in the middle. The jet in the middle has a great big hole already. What gives? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!!
Mike (BB)
The jet in the down tube facing forward is the main jet. That is the right one.
.046 should be good, I know gary69 ended up opening his to .048. Believe it
or not, a couple of thousands makes a big difference. Have you done anything
to the muffler??

Last edited by TheNewGuy; 07-29-2007 at 07:57 PM..

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 09:20 AM   #4
Barracudas
Gone Wild

Okay, found ya, so what are you doing now?????? Are you going to the lake this weekend? Wait till you see what we've been up to if all goes well on Thursday!

Barracuda
Barracudas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 10:50 AM   #5
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

I would leave that jet in and then put my stock air box back on to just see what happens. It sounds like a classic air/fuel mixture problem that may have to be diagnosed through trial and error.
spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 06:50 PM   #6
BuggyBrain
Not Yet Wild

My stock air box has been scavenged so is no longer an option. I have the stock main jet which I think I'll punch out a bit & see what happens. What the heck.....if I punch it out too far, I can always run methanol, right? I have some very small drill bits so I'll just experiment a bit on the old one. By the way, the muffler is stock. Nothing done to it.

Barracudas: I know what you've been up to Jerry told me. So what becomes of the black CC now? You'll never get Dale off the G9!!! As for what I'm doing, I put the stock motor (overhauled) back in my cart but with the Comet clutch & K&N filter. Might be at the lake this weekend, maybe not. Depends on if I get the carb ironed out this week. We hope to.
Mike (BB)
Old 07-30-2007, 07:00 PM   #7
BuggyBrain
Not Yet Wild

By the way, it revs like heck with the choke half on (no gov. of course) so I know it's lean.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:36 PM   #8
Barracudas
Gone Wild

Well, the black CC will still be a "mod-stock" that we will tool around on when there is a need for a roof and windshield. If all goes well there will also be another CC addition to the cart family this week too. But I can tell you that the "new addition" will be stock, no lift but nice!!!! Keep your fingers crossed that the old folks can come to an agreement on the "new addition" tomorrow. Hopefull all of the carts will make an appearance at the lake this weekend to celebrate Dale's b-day!

Later,
Barracudas
Barracudas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 07:49 PM   #9
BuggyBrain
Not Yet Wild

Well, I figured out the carb jetting problem. I took the old stock jet & reamed it out with a torch tip cleaning tool. It ran a little better. Reamed it out a little bit more, still too lean but better. More ream, still too lean but better. 1/16" drill bit & it runs fantastic. Only thing is, it bothered me that it had to have that big of a hole to run right. So I sez to myself, "self.....why would that thing take so much gas to run right?" Yup.....cracked carb spacer. I didn't think I tightened it THAT tight. The .046 will probably be fine with a non-cracked spacer. Duh
BB
Old 07-31-2007, 07:53 PM   #10
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Glad you found the problem Mike.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha