lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-24-2021, 06:28 PM   #41
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2021 EZGO Express L6 Elite Lithium Speed Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylermccall11 View Post
New to forum.

Just purchased a 2021 Ezgo L6 72V. Great cart but too slow. Max speed is showing 17. I need some help to figure out how I can gain speeds to 20+. Don’t need it to go 30. But everyone else is passing me and it’s a safety hazard. Hill climbing is consistent.

I live near Atlanta.

Thanks for the comments and talking to my dealer today to see if they have a solution.
Do NOT let your dealer do ANYTHING to your cart. If even 1 parameter is changed, it will alter the checksum of the controllers memory. That is not a good thing, as I may not have the Curtis factory file for your particular 2021 controller to fix it!
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2021, 07:53 PM   #42
tylermccall11
Not Yet Wild

Posting another reply
tylermccall11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 07:57 PM   #43
tylermccall11
Not Yet Wild

Bob.

I will make sure they don’t do anything to it. The tech told me over the phone that there is a freedom selection that allows for max acceleration and he was pretty sure it was already on that setting being that I could only get it to max 17. He told me of that was the case there wasn’t anything they could do.

At this point, unless you have a solution, I would rather return the cart than keep a brand new one at 17 mph Max. I live near Braselton GA. Would be great to keep it and see if you can have a look.
Old 04-25-2021, 08:02 PM   #44
tylermccall11
Not Yet Wild

Third post
Old 04-25-2021, 08:11 PM   #45
tylermccall11
Not Yet Wild

Having trouble getting access to PM you. Not sure why? I realize today is the 4/25 so I missed him in Atlanta. My cart is at the dealer until later this week because the alignment was way off when I took delivery. I should have it back by Thursday or Friday this coming week.
Old 04-27-2021, 05:55 AM   #46
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylermccall11 View Post
Bob.

I will make sure they don’t do anything to it. The tech told me over the phone that there is a freedom selection that allows for max acceleration and he was pretty sure it was already on that setting being that I could only get it to max 17. He told me of that was the case there wasn’t anything they could do.

At this point, unless you have a solution, I would rather return the cart than keep a brand new one at 17 mph Max. I live near Braselton GA. Would be great to keep it and see if you can have a look.
The 2021 L6 Elite already has Freedom mode on, and is essentially a stretched RXV Elite with a different front plastic nose and dash... I did one 2 days ago, top end was 27 MPH with smoother riding tires. With the knobby tires, might be 25-26 MPH due to higher rolling resistance. The new 2021 S4 and L6 Elite models are overpriced, considering that they are just dressed up stock controller RXV Elites! At least they use RXV motors that match the Elite battery voltage now. Better, but still overpriced. New buyers should opt for the 72V version with Lead/Acid batteries, and convert to lithium later. At least then you'll be getting a real S4 or L6 chassis/motor/controller instead of a dressed up RXV Elite. The difference between a fancier looking golf cart and a L/MSV (Low/Medium Speed Vehicle) capable of 30+ MPH!
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 10:32 PM   #47
Eddy bee
Not Yet Wild

May 2 already and hoping to get some posts in so I can get bb contact down here in Sebastian fla ez express lithium s4
Eddy bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 04:09 PM   #48
CO_DrDave
Not Yet Wild

I need another post as well
CO_DrDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 04:11 PM   #49
CO_DrDave
Not Yet Wild

third post
CO_DrDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 05:03 PM   #50
culli292
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfrye2324 View Post
I just got a 2021 EZGO Express L6 Elite and it is SUPER slow. The 2017 RXV I had went around 23. How do I upgrade the speed on this bad boy?
I am in the Raleigh, NC area. I see Bob Boyce is the man, but I can't PM yet...
Bob, I’m near Pinehurst, NC. Let me know how we can link up.
culli292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO