lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-10-2021, 12:21 AM   #1
dcascario
Not Yet Wild

Default Navitas controller for 48volt ezgo RXV

Hi,
My stock ezgo 48v RXV tops out at 17mph on flat concrete. I have the Curtis controller. The dealership says that is it. They said they programmed it for the fastest speed.
Looking to upgrade to a Navitas controller. Will a 440amp or a 600amp Navitas controller get me to 25mph? Would I need the On The Fly optional part to get the 25mph? Would I be able to use the Bluetooth APP allow me to make this adjustment? Will it go 25mph out of the box?
If I get the 440amp or the 600amp controller, what upgrades to the solenoid and battery cables if any do I need to make?
Thanks for the insight
Domenic
dcascario is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-10-2021, 06:48 AM   #2
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Navitas controller for 48volt ezgo RXV

Not sure where you are located, but your Curtis can be programmed for 25mph plus fairly easily. Bob Boyce is the guru and if your within his travel circles, would be your best option. Where are you located?
jneubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 07:32 AM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

What j said. The stock Curtis will get you to 19.5 before tuning and high 20s after..
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 10:44 AM   #4
dcascario
Not Yet Wild

Canyon Lake, CA.
Southern California
Old 06-10-2021, 12:14 PM   #5
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

A Navitas 440a controller w/OTF Programmer will push the RXV to 35 mph on the OEM AC motor. It will also pull the front wheels a bit off the ground. All of this performance will deplete the battery pack quickly, so don't expect all day sports car performance. That's where the OTF comes in. Turn it up to wax your buddy's cart, turn it down for range and safety. It's a nice system. And yes, a larger capacity solenoid is suggested along with robust cables.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 12:20 PM   #6
dcascario
Not Yet Wild

Thanks
This is very confusing to me. As I get more info i will try to make a decision
Old 06-10-2021, 01:42 PM   #7
Monstermaker
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

My stock, including stock tires, RXV with a Navitas will run over 30 MPH.
I like the Navitas more than a reprogrammed stock controller because you can make all your own settings, any time you like.
You can limit the top speed to whatever you want and keep it safe for anyone to drive, or as mentioned, crank it up anytime, even while driving, to make sure your friend’s cart stays in the rear view mirror when necessary.
It also gives you trouble codes, it doesn’t require the handheld scanner to see them like the stock Curtis.
Another cool thing is you can shut the cart down from your phone, so no one can drive off with it.
You’ll want to upgrade the solenoid and cables but that’s no big deal.
Monstermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 03:14 PM   #8
dcascario
Not Yet Wild

Do you suggest the 440amp or the 600amp?
Old 06-10-2021, 03:28 PM   #9
JBERGER
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcascario View Post
Thanks
This is very confusing to me. As I get more info i will try to make a decision
The Curtis controller that is currently in your cart can be adjusted by a pro, like Bob, to bring out the maximum level of performance.
Your local cart shop doesn't have the level of skill or software access to make the Curtis perform at it's peak.
Bob has to program the controller while it's in the cart, so you have to get him into your area before he can perform his magic.

Navitas makes a replacement controller that you can quickly install (1.5 hours tops) that allows you to max out your RXV via your cell phone or the wired control box. It replaces the Curtis and was designed to let installers and end users adjust the system without needing to hire a programmer or buy an expensive set of programming tools.

In my case I bought and installed the 600a Navitas to replace the controller in my RXV. If my RXV had come with the Curtis controller installed, I would have probably just waited for Bob to make a run to my area.

I really like the ability to tweak and adjust things myself and the Navitas has the ability to "lock" the controller into a lower speed setting when my kids are using the cart. It's a literal key that locks or unlocks the performance of the cart. That's what sold it for me, since my kids take the cart to the pool, club, etc.

Hope that helps!
JBERGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 11:29 AM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Well Bob doesn’t travel to CA so you are kinda out of luck there.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO