lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2021, 12:20 PM   #1
truetex
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default '94 Medalist HD F&R and Solenoid Install

I'm finally getting around to rebuilding my Medalist. I am installing the HD F&R, solenoid, and Alltrax. My Medalist has a black wire attached to the F&R frame on a spade terminal. The wire goes to the solenoid "-" terminal. There is no mention of this black wire on the literature supplied with the components and no installed spade lug. The one on the old F&R is attached by one of the microswitch mounting screws.

The new switch has the buzzer mounted with one red wire from the reverse microswitch. The other terminal on the switch has no connection. The wires on the old buzzer are cut. There is an old crimp lug on the reverse microswitch that has nothing attached and another mounted unser another microswitch mounting bolt.

My logic tells me that I need to attach the black wire from the solenoid to the F&R frame and then connect the other terminal on the buzzer to the F&R frame.

Is this correct?
truetex is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-11-2021, 01:54 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: '94 Medalist HD F&R and Solenoid Install

For safety reasons, the battery pack is not attached to the frame of an electric golf cart. A previous owner must have been a shade tree auto mechanic and mistakenly used the frame or body as the battery return instead of a separate wire. Electric golf carts use two wires rather than frame ground.

Attached is a schematic with the beeper circuit highlighted.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - Series - Beeper traced.JPG (58.8 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 03:09 PM   #3
truetex
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: '94 Medalist HD F&R and Solenoid Install

Thank you sir!
truetex is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO