lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2008, 07:45 PM   #1
jeffro157
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default King Pins

Hi all new to here but I am redoing a 84 g1,put on a homemade 4 inch lift. Looks like I need to get king pins for it just wondering how hard they are to replace,if any trouble at all. Also if any one has the dimensons for the upper and lower bushings as well please post them..
Thanks for your help in advance

Last edited by jeffro157; 05-14-2008 at 09:14 PM.. Reason: forgot bushings sizes
jeffro157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2008, 05:57 AM   #2
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: King Pins

Kings are simple to swap. Just knock out the roll pins.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 07:29 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

WELCOME Jeffro
King pins are rarely the thing that wears out. There just isn't that much weight. More likely a worn out bunch of bushings all around them. I'm not familiar with the G1 front end but if you have rubber bushings in it, Which I
'm sure you do. Replace them with OEM parts and go from there?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 01:25 PM   #4
EZ-GOnewild
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Cool Re: King Pins

Welcome Jeffro!
EZ-GOnewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 07:09 PM   #5
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro157 View Post
Hi all new to here but I am redoing a 84 g1,put on a homemade 4 inch lift. Looks like I need to get king pins for it just wondering how hard they are to replace,if any trouble at all. Also if any one has the dimensons for the upper and lower bushings as well please post them..
Thanks for your help in advance
Welcome! The bushings are available from Yamaha , king pins are available from Yamaha and aftermarket. Pretty straight forward..undo the nut at the bottom...drive the king pin up and out...drive out the old bushings and tap the new ones in. I believe the upper bushing has a o ring. Slide (greased) king pin in and tighten down the nut. If all goes smoothly...15 minute job. Lets see some pic's of your car and hmemade lift ! Good luck Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:36 PM   #6
jeffro157
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks all for your help it went smoothly put in new king pins now doing the front wheel bearings.. I will get some pics up soon
jeffro157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha