lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-17-2012, 12:24 PM   #1
1dirtjumper
Not Yet Wild

Default Workhorse ST350 Engine rebuild help

I think it's around a 1999 or 2000 model. It does have a cast iron exhaust manifold. Anyway, it had a slight knock and probably never had the oil changed for years on end. I got it running as the VR was caput along with some other electrical problems. Changed the oil but didn't see metal shavings in the oil or filter. Drove about 1HR total and siezed up solid. I pulled the plugs and one has some metal shavings in it. I'm assuming it lost a ring as the pieces of metal were steel and pretty good size. I have to bring it home to tear the engine down. It has been driven to death so this was bound to happen....

Is it worth rebuilding if I have to buy a new head as well? Seems like I could buy another one in the same year for about $1500.00. Was trying to find a used engine but they seem hard to come by. It had a small knock too so I bet the crank is shot.

Thanks for the help. I've used this site for a month helping on the electrical stuff. Finally had to post up!
1dirtjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-17-2012, 12:36 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Workhorse ST350 Engine rebuild help

Pull it apart and see how bad things are. Those cranks are pretty tough. Usually it is just a rod that gave up. Lots of folks here are going the clone or big block route so that is another option as well as you may find one that is a pull out from someone who did the clone route.

I have a 350 that will be for sale at sometime but I am working out issues with my big block so not quite ready to let it go yet. Just in case..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO