lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2008, 07:53 AM   #1
Walter Hudiburg
Not Yet Wild

Default EZ Go salvage

I have access to about 12 old three wheel golf carts that I do not believe to be repairable due to the fact that they have been sitting out for a number of years. I've pulled all the old battery cores,and of course the battery boxes are rusted beyond use, but need some advice on what parts are worth pulling off for spare parts. I'm thinking mainly about things like key swithces, solenoids, forward reverse devices and plug ins for battery charger. What about the springs, shock absorbers etc.

I also want to pull the electric motors and test them so if someone can give me some hints on the best procedure to do this I'll appreciate it. I know I saw in this forum a wiring system for testing the motors with only one or two batteries but can't find it today. Really need help on removal. These carts are outside but think I can get them up on stands. Any help will be appreciated.

Also, is there a method for testing the solenoids out side of the cart? I seem to recall putting 12 volts DC across two of the leads and this opens the switch on the other two leads.

Last edited by Walter Hudiburg; 12-07-2008 at 07:54 AM.. Reason: Forgot to add comment about battery boxes
Walter Hudiburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-07-2008, 09:09 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZ Go salvage

Yep. 12v across the small terminals the switch should open. Don't overlook the hard to find older F&R and wiper speed board. I would pull whole rear ends out. I think they were the same for the 4 wheelers of that time. Brake drums? Maybe just advertise any and all parts for what years you have and dismantle as needed? Here is the series motor test. Maybe if you can do this test in the cart then you won't work your butt off removing a bad motor or rear end.......Good Luck

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...1&d=1228658935
Click image for larger view
Attached Images
File Type: jpg motor test.jpg (18.5 KB, 43 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 04:46 PM   #3
Rodger's Rides
Totally Bonkers!

Mixed Breed

What is your location? I may need some parts.

I would also look into saving the swaybar under the back of them.
Rodger's Rides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 08:59 PM   #4
Walter Hudiburg
Not Yet Wild

For Scotty B. Thanks for the wiring diagram. I knew I'd seen it somewhere but couldn't find it. I printed this one out. I plan on pulling the motors anyway then scrap the coils.

Rodger I live in SE Kansas and expect freight costs would eat us alive but if I can help, I'll do my best. Thanks all. love the site.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:14 PM   #5
3wheelingfool
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I have a 1978 EZ-GO 36V Marathon Resistor cart. Three wheeler of course. I need a motor. See attached photo. DSCN1833.jpg

Any photos of what you have? Where are they located?
3wheelingfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:16 PM   #6
EZ-GOnewild
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Hi Walter

Welcome from another Kansan
EZ-GOnewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:07 PM   #7
Walter Hudiburg
Not Yet Wild

Smile Re: EZ Go salvage

For three wheeling fool: These carts are located at a public course just North of Independence, Kansas, in the southeast part of the state. I can't post a picture cause I ain't smart enough to do that nor do I have a camera to post with. "Welcome to Kansas, turn your clock back 50 years" Further more, I don't plan on visiting my "parts store" again until next October or so do the fact that it is full of blackberry bushes, and therefore full of ticks and chiggers. These carts have been sitting out there for 5 years or so but if you are in my area, tell the course manager I sent you and he will probably let you have a look. Sorry I can't be more help.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:35 PM   #8
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

I have a couple of those old motors that run. Well they did when I pulled them. You can send that motor off and have it rebuilt by a couple of places as emp or P/Q. Just call and tell them what you have.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:47 PM   #9
3wheelingfool
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

The 36v would be the one I need. So what's the deal? Do you want to get rid of it? Cheap!! As you can tell by my signature I don't have a lot of money for to put into this thing. I only paid $300 for it.
3wheelingfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO