lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2020, 12:05 AM   #1
Newgolfcart
Not Yet Wild

Default Troubleshooting DE-40 electric golf cart

Hello all. So recently I purchased a Harley Davidson golf cart. Looking around the internet and few phone calls I was informed it's a DE-40 (see attached picture). I bought the cart in not working condition and no batteries. I purchased new batteries and with further trouble shooting I found a bad 12v 4 pin solenoid (B solenoid, additional picture). The other two 6 pin solenoids tested fine. The problem that I am having is I am able to drive backwards but not forward. I hear the solenoid enguage and I hear the buzzer. I tested the key switch and it is fine. I am stumped and unable to figure what else might be the issue. Any tips would be appreciated. There isn't a true service manual for this cart. Im using bits and pieces from other manuals to troubleshoot components. Attached picture of wiring resembles what I have. There is another wiring which I tried and does not work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200323_071354.jpg (207.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20200403-214700_Drive.jpg (206.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20200403-220207_Drive.jpg (184.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20200403-220222_Drive.jpg (137.8 KB, 0 views)
Newgolfcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-20-2020, 04:32 PM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: Troubleshooting DE-40 electric golf cart

to BGW

Does the 'F' solenoid click when you attempt to drive forward?
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts