lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2010, 02:38 PM   #1
gkckak
Not Yet Wild

Default st 480

I have a few questions about the 2009 st 480 workhorse. I am somewhat interested in buying 1 and was wondering is the cvt like a regular golf cart or is it more like a utv? I was also wondering if anyone had one STOCK and how does it do on trails like dirt and gravel? Please hurry guys my local shop has one and the women working there says there are getting picked up like crazy. Thanks in advance.
gkckak is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-04-2010, 03:54 PM   #2
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: st 480

ruredy on the board here will tell you they are the best thing since sliced bread.

Been looking for one myself, not easy to come by.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 03:02 PM   #3
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

The 480's are great machines, but they still have exposed belt like a normal cart. they run a b&s engine that has lots of power. I service a few in my area and every one is used on a farm weather its turkey, chicken or beef, they are used to death. Nether have many complaints about them.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 03:42 PM   #4
ZZTOP
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkckak View Post
I have a few questions about the 2009 st 480 workhorse. I am somewhat interested in buying 1 and was wondering is the cvt like a regular golf cart or is it more like a utv? I was also wondering if anyone had one STOCK and how does it do on trails like dirt and gravel? Please hurry guys my local shop has one and the women working there says there are getting picked up like crazy. Thanks in advance.
So did you buy it ----????
ZZTOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:33 AM   #5
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoveBolt View Post
ruredy on the board here will tell you they are the best thing since sliced bread.

Been looking for one myself, not easy to come by.
yep, a whole bunch better than bread, sliced or not. They are one tough machine that'll let you do so much more than a normal cart. I'm not one to just drive my shinny cart up and down the street, i'll use them to their limits and then some, if it won't pull it's weight, I don't need it. I mean that literally, the 480 has definitely earned it's place at my home. I've pulled 14', 2'+ diameter logs across muddy slopes that gave my Z71 fits. not that the truck couldn't pull it but it wanted to slide down the slope into the trees while doing it. had my neighbor come over wanted me to help him move his truck into his garage with my tractor, his garage in on a pretty good slope so it's not like it's an easy job. I could see the disbelief in his eyes when I showed up with the 480 but after I winched and and pulled the truck into the shop he said there was no way in hell he'd believe that the 480 could do that if he didn't see it with his own eyes. I've pulled out a truck load of concreted in fence post, they'll either pull out or I end up breaking them. the hydraulic brakes work about twice as good as their mechanical counter part. the locker rear and vtwin will let you get into situations that scare the sh!t out of you. there are places you don't really need to go, just cause the cart will doesn't mean you should. Tires play a huge role in what any cart will do so keep that in mind.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:42 PM   #6
gkckak
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the help guys. I did have a modded up st sport II but the sucker had to be sold last year because i needed the money. And no i have not bought it yet. I actually need to wait a while to buy one accordin to the wife.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:40 AM   #7
gkckak
Not Yet Wild

So guys i just recently went to a kawasaki dealer to look at the mule and i test drove it and have a question regarding the st 480. Is the st 480s accelerator the same as the mules. Because if the st 480s accels forward like a regular golf cart i might change my mind on buying one. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:01 PM   #8
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

480 = same as a golf cart.

I had a JD Gator once, shift to neutral, start, shift to forward, shut off, shift back to neutral, start, shift back to forward.

Pain in the butt !!
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:07 AM   #9
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkckak View Post
So guys i just recently went to a kawasaki dealer to look at the mule and i test drove it and have a question regarding the st 480. Is the st 480s accelerator the same as the mules. Because if the st 480s accels forward like a regular golf cart i might change my mind on buying one. Thanks in advance.
Not real sure I understand the question here. on the 480 the more you press the pedal, the faster you go, does the mule not work this way?
If your talking about starting the 480 is setup to start off the pedal but you can easily have it start off the key. I've had mine working both ways, it's seems a little easier to have it keep running if your driving some distance but for working around the home the pedal start/stop is pretty nice.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 02:43 AM   #10
gkckak
Not Yet Wild

Sorry i have been inactive. Ruredy my question is this; when in a regular gas golf cart when you push all the way down the the pedal you slowly work up speed and u don't really slightly push it to go slow; in a mule or any other utv or even like a car if you press slightly you go slow or if you press your foot on the pedal at different weights i guess you change the speed. Sooo is the st 480 in this way of thinking more of a gulf cart or utv?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO