lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2010, 04:19 PM   #1
xs29j8
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Anti-theft options for EZ-GO Gas Carts...?

I have owned my 2010 ST Sport for a few days and would like to keep it around for a long time... What are the better anti-theft options available?

One that I am considering is:

http://www.golfcartlock.com/ezgo.html

I would like to keep it from being driven or towed off, yet be easy to engage/disengage from a standing or sitting position due to health issues. I also plan to get the unique key available, and maybe even a tracking device... suggestions?

Other suggestions?... Fuel line locks?... Steering locks?... Ignition disables?...

Thanks for any ideas...

Allen
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2010EZGOLilRed 006_600W.jpg (167.9 KB, 2 views)
xs29j8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-25-2010, 05:34 PM   #2
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Default Re: Anti-theft options for EZ-GO Gas Carts...?

There's some good inexpensive ideas here. Not much will save a cart from being towed except being in the garage. A tracking device like a lo-jack would certainly work, but not cheap......

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ght=anti+theft
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:10 PM   #3
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

I got a motorcycle alarm from JC Whitney for my Gasser.. It has an ignition kill, shock sensor, and uses the cart's horns for a siren, has a keyfob just like a car alarm, and a flashing red LED in the dash when it's armed.. But I still carry a Kryptonite security cable in the glove box.. When I run to the grocery store, I park near a light pole and lace the cable around the base and thru the front suspension..
CC-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:23 PM   #4
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

Glock, Ruger, Sig Sauer...if you're not into guns....pitbull, doberman pinscher, german shepherd....CC John has the right idea too !!
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:29 PM   #5
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

First guy who trys to drive off with it, Shot him and tie him on the top with a sign. THIS IS THE LAST GUY WHO TRIED TO STEEL MY CART. Bet they next guy will think a little before he trys it.
BigBlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:01 PM   #6
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlockMan View Post
First guy who trys to drive off with it, Shot him and tie him on the top with a sign. THIS IS THE LAST GUY WHO TRIED TO STEEL MY CART. Bet they next guy will think a little before he trys it.
Hell, I ain't puttin' no bleedin' SOB on the roof of my cart!!! Too big of a mess to clean up!! I'll take that Kryptonite cable and hook him to the trailer hitch and drag his sorry butt a few laps around the block!!!
Old 05-25-2010, 09:33 PM   #7
xs29j8
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokeasmowl View Post
Glock, Ruger, Sig Sauer...if you're not into guns....pitbull, doberman pinscher, german shepherd....CC John has the right idea too !!
I was asking for the occasions the cart was un-attended...

Otherwise 40 S&W, 223, Etc as permitted by Texas law... would hope that it would not come to that tho...

Any other recommended anti-theft locks? Any other devices that prevent easy towing, making the bad guys drag the thing to move it? Cellphone based GPS tracking? Any thoughts on the parking brake based lock that I posted a link to in my original post?

Thanks for the replies!!!

Allen
xs29j8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:39 PM   #8
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Get Insurance! Lets face it, you are trying to thwart the casual, opportunistic thief. The serious ones will get it if they really want to.......
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:40 PM   #9
kevinandrew
Gone Wild
Club Car

chain it to a tree. hide switch somewhere that interupts the ignition, and spark. get an old coil or capacitor and rig it so that it will discharge into anyone who tampers with you cart. presure switch relay solenoid setup that sprays pepper spray on any one who doesn't belong on your ride. oh........ and ejector seats. see "Q" from james bond, he'll hook you up.
kevinandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:42 PM   #10
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

The best thing to do is insure it.. I have full coverage, agreed-value, automobile policies on both of my carts thru State Farm.. Both carts are only $160 per year.. I went with full coverage because State Farm wouldn't cover them under my Homeowner's policy for fire or theft/vandalism, if the house burned down I was SOL..

The auto policies are cheap peace of mind when using the carts on the street or in public venues..
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO