lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-16-2010, 02:59 PM   #11
Brian T
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: No fuel to Carb after engine rebuild 88 Ezgo

I have an 86 Marathon( should be close to the same) did the same rebuild. One idea is lack of crankcase vac to pull into fuel pump if using maual pump. Mine had a hose that went from top of case to a port on pump and once I fired it up it sucked it right up the tube in the tank.
Brian T is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-16-2010, 03:23 PM   #12
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Use gas to prime it, 1/2 thimble in a plug hole. Rap on the side of the carb bowl.
Hit it firmly it won't scream abuse unless you go nutty, (think rapping a stuck pickle jar.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:44 PM   #13
Orchard Worker
Not Yet Wild

I pulled the tank out ,emptied the mixed fuel, I am able to blow through the Line going into the tank ,Doesnt look like the line inside the tank is cracked, There was minor debris in the tank,I am going to pull the Carb this weekend, My Fuel pump only have an Inlet and outlet, What is truly nont understandable , I connected an Electric fuel pump inline and still no fuel suction..
Orchard Worker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 02:54 AM   #14
wslonger
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Your question about the filter being full, on my '84 the filter is rarely full most times it is only half or less and mine runs fine like that.
wslonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:31 AM   #15
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

orchard, there is a hole in the side of the crankcase that provides the pulse for the pump. when cranking the engine you should be able to feel the suction on inlet side which marked with an arrow on pump face. if not then either the pump is bad or you have a leak between the pump and the crankcase. jim
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 10:11 AM   #16
GEEGONKEY
Not Yet Wild

Hello just reading about your fuel problem and I just had the same problem with my Yammaha.After makeing an exhaust system for my cart I drilled and rejetted the main jet in the carb.Once that was complete I put everything back together hit the gas and nothing.I thought it was the jet being to big but then I noticed there was no gas in the fuel filter.So I took the fuel line that would go into the carb bowl and tryed sucking fuel through the line and only a tiny little bit came out.Well come to find out the fitting coming out of the gas tank got clogged some how so I cleaned it out primed it up and it fired right up!
GEEGONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 10:24 AM   #17
GEEGONKEY
Not Yet Wild

Also I was just thinking about your electric fuel pump.Dont you have to prime the pump so it can send the fuel through the line.I am thinking if you have already checked eveything you say you have,you should be able to get fuel to the pump and then the pump will do it's job.Not shure!!!!Just typing out loud!!
GEEGONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:15 PM   #18
Orchard Worker
Not Yet Wild

All comments are noted and printed, I am going to get back on this cart this weekend,
Thank You all ,I will let you know if I fixed it or burnt it..lol
Orchard Worker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO