lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-28-2011, 08:32 AM   #1
CHONCH
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Brake Switch

So for the life I can't figure out how this thing is supposed to work. The switch is installed the way it shows in the picture. I am getting power when I push i push down on the switch so I know it is working. The spring in the switch is good.

The problem I am having is I get no power when I push the brake. It does not push the switch in so nothing happens. If I push on the switch from behind it works it is like something is missing or I have it installed wrong.

In the first diagram is showing how I have the switch installed the other picture is the type of switch I have. This is driving me crazy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Brake Switch.JPG (71.4 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg Brake Switch 2.JPG (11.5 KB, 20 views)
CHONCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-28-2011, 10:05 AM   #2
Jayhawk04
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

In looking at that diagram it looks like the brake pedal pad floats on the mount and is spring loaded. If that's the case then the way it's wired should work... Does the main pedal pad float on the mount? Maybe the pedal mounts differently if the cart didn't come with brake lights.
Jayhawk04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:20 AM   #3
CHONCH
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Brake Switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk04 View Post
That switch In the diagram appears to be for shutting the lights off when the parking brake is on... At least that's how it would work on a club car. The actual brake switch would mount under the cart so that the arm of the pedal presses the switch when not applied. You then wire the switch to the normally closed side of the switch so that when the brake is pressed, the switch "opens" and closes the normally closed terminals... Turing the lights on...

That's how most generic kits work anyway. If you add the second switch, the lights go off when the parking brake is applied.

You could set it up so that you hit the parking brake lever to turn the brake lights on I suppose.

I would make sure the power Is a switched source so thats it goes off with the key.. Or use a timer module.
I think I figured it out from other pics got to take a look at the cart later. It looks like there are sprins missing which seperate the ruber pad from the plate where the switch is mounted. That would keep the pad away from the switch until you brake. Thanks for the info you provided as well.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:24 AM   #4
Jayhawk04
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Beat me to it. I saw that and edited my post.
Jayhawk04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:29 PM   #5
CHONCH
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Brake Switch

Just got it done. Went to a local ezgo advantage here in fl. Bought all the HW needed including new springs. Wired up new Led lights and it works great.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO