lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2022, 05:43 PM   #1671
davehardy7
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Programming Curtis Controller

Hi Kile

I have the connector you need. I will sell it to you for half that or give it to you for programming help davehardy7@yahoo.com 818 209 0450

QUOTE=snsrider717;1734168]Gents, new to the forum. I have read a ton on here. Appreciate all the advice.
I'm competent with most mechanical issues and usually pretty decent with a computer, but I only have basic programming skills.

I just picked up a 2014 EZ-Go RXV 48V with the Curtis AC drive. (1206 controller? Those are the first 4 of the model number) 23 in tires. Currently runs 16 mph. So far, I like it way better than my 36V TXT PDS.

I have read about 50 pages of this thread (but not its entirety because it is really dang long) and am not really sure what path to take. I would like to have the options to change all the parameters that are described by the Curtis software. Top speed, torque, delays, regen ect.

Dealer said they could "give me the fastest possible" for $250 but the guy barely knew anymore about the process than I did. I assumed he was saying this would unlock Freedom mode, but I want access to everything if able.

So, my questions are: Where do I start? Does freedom mode need to be unlocked for the Curtis software to be used to its potential or have you all found a safe work around? Should I go through all the steps of trying to build my own cable or is there a reasonably priced alternative that consistently works? Is there an inexpensive way to acquire the 1314-4402 software (an hour of googling has not turned anything up)?

I found a software/hardware set for sale on a forklift website for $390 but I can't post a link because I'm a new member.

I would still need an adapter cable to connect it to the molex connection on the cart. I have seen adapters on amazon for $85 but that seems ridiculous. I am real competent with a soldering iron if I am able to find the ends. (BTW a lot of the older links in this thread no longer work, so I apologize if I missed updates posted somewhere in the thread)

Thanks in advance for your help!

- Kyle[/QUOTE]
davehardy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-29-2022, 08:30 PM   #1672
OnlySC
Not Yet Wild

Hey DaveHardy7,
I see the phone number you posted is in California. Which dealer are you talking about? I"m in California, I know of one dealer that can program but he is in Laguna hills and is very bad and getting back to people.
OnlySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 10:10 AM   #1673
kabota
Not Yet Wild

still having issues writing the eeprom hex code for factory
any suggestions ?
kabota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 10:44 AM   #1674
woodygb
Gone Wild

You have a message.
woodygb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 03:39 PM   #1675
sailorkane
Not Yet Wild

Folks. I am trying to upgrade my 1985 Club Car on a budget. The cart cost me $600 total and its not worth a ton of money to upgrade. I took a flier and bought a 1215 curtis NOS on marketplace, but it is clearly set for the wrong values and needs to be programmed. At the least, to 36V and type 3 (0-5Kohms) throttle.
I saw a Youtube and built the usb-serial cable (Prolific chip set) and connect pins 2,3 5 to the molex on the controller. It didn't work, as many have posted here. I tried the 1314-4401 and 4402 software. And auto-detect in the 4401 software. After reading about 70 pages here, it looks like a very complex issue. I already spent the entire day creating the cable and trying options to program it. If I keep throwing money at it, I might get it to work. Any advice from the very smart people here what to do?
My intent is simple, just replace the resister coils and 5 solenoids and finger/limit-switch throttle. I can probably buy a new curtis 1204 already set up for the 0-5Kohm throttle and 36V for about $150. Or maybe rent a curtis programmer for a day for $75. Or if anyone is nearby and has a curtis 1313 PC setup that works and would be able to help for a reasonable fee... I have contacted numerous golf cart shops and a fork truck shop for programming help with no response yet.
sailorkane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 04:36 PM   #1676
woodygb
Gone Wild

It is not IMO a complex issue...
However , finding a SUITABLE USB-RS232 DB9 Serial cable can be hit and miss and a USB- SERIAL Cable will only work with the earlier 4401 software.

I dislike the Prolific chip set and if you want to continue using a USB-SERIAL cable would suggest something with a CH340 .

The best route is to use a FTDI TTL-232R-3V3 and reprogram it.
NOTE THAT IT MUST BE REPROGRAMMED.

Reprogramming for the 4401 software consists of downloading FTProg and INVERTING the RX and TX signal.

Reprogramming for the 4402 software requires a little extra programming.
Old 07-03-2022, 11:49 AM   #1677
sailorkane
Not Yet Wild

Hey, thoughts. I have an older office-type PC and it has no serial port, but adding a serial port is about $12. What about bypassing the USB-serial cable completely? Using the 4401 software? And right to the 4-pin molex port?
I don't want to keep buying usb-serial cables until I figure out how to make that work....
Old 07-03-2022, 12:18 PM   #1678
woodygb
Gone Wild

There is no guarantee that adding a Serial port to your P.C. will work.

I believe that the Signal is actually inverted TTL ...which is similar to a RS232 Serial signal but not exactly the same.

https://www.sparkfun.com/tutorials/215
Old 07-03-2022, 12:29 PM   #1679
woodygb
Gone Wild

I have had success with this type.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/162843811771

Quote:
Brand new and high quality.
USB specification 1.1 and 2.0 compliant
Supports RS232 serial interface
Supports over 1Mbps data transfer rate
Supports remote wake up and power management
Compatible with Windows 98/Se/ME/2000/XP, can NOT work for Vista.
This product used CH340 Chip,please know it .
https://www.ebay.com/itm/323921914851
Old 07-04-2022, 07:18 AM   #1680
sailorkane
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodygb View Post
Kewl. Which one of the two? Do I have to reprogram the 340 chipset adapters also? And do I have to invert the Tx and Rx? Or change registry values? Or just use the adapter with my normal serial connection to the curtis?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts