lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-13-2015, 08:51 PM   #1
darkmarine423
Not Yet Wild

Default I need help with my motor please.

My grandfather has a club car with a fe290d-as17 in it. I am trying to find a head online but seems that no one carry's that model. All i can find is as16 and as18 is there any difference in them and will those work for the as17. My grandfather really wants to use the car so i am trying to get it running for him. Thanks
darkmarine423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-13-2015, 09:34 PM   #2
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: I need help with my motor please.

OK first off welcome , and second do you have the head off the cart , is the head cracked or what , it seems that it would be more prudent to have the head reworked at a machine shop and cheaper too , i just checked and a bare head cost over 300 then add valve and such you over 500 , not really an option. if you can get some more posts and then send us some pictures and we can guide you through this
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 09:57 PM   #3
darkmarine423
Not Yet Wild

2 of the rings that hold the rail for the rocker arms is broke off. we took it to a machine shop and they said because its aluminum they cant fix it.
darkmarine423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 03:18 AM   #4
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

ok well if we cannot find you a head then, another option maybe a used head on ebay , not sure it will work but an fe250 head may fit , they are quite close engine wise and are pretty cheap on ebay. if all else fails and your stuck buying a new head you may want to consider replacing the engine all together with something else. check out out big block section , you may be in the market for a vegas carts 460 setup for about the same money as the head is new and you end up with double the hp
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 11:02 AM   #5
compmikey
Getting Wild

Club Car

If you think it is repairable, these guys at Wunder Weld in Bedford, OH (440-232-6360) may be able to work with you. A few years back, they repaired a damaged AL cylinder head from a friend's drag car. He was amazed by the workmanship and said they were very reasonable. A few years later, they did a cast iron boc repair for another friend.
Maybe they (or a business like theirs) could give you and estimate if you sent them enough pictures. The head doesn't weigh much, so it would be cheap to ship it.
compmikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car