lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-05-2016, 10:37 PM   #11
sethchid
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Possible MCOR/Speed sensor issue???

Ok, I was able to go get the cart today. I did check to see if it would try to stop itself on a roll away, and nothing, it just rolled freely. Got home, plugged it into my laptop. I couldn't see any "Error Flags" while driving. So I left my rpm setting alone, but turned off the setting that reads the speed sensor and it took off like normal, but still maintained my governed speed setting (not sure how). If I switch it back to where it's supposed to read the sensor, I get the 5mph crawl
sethchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-05-2016, 11:43 PM   #12
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethchid View Post
Ok, I was able to go get the cart today. I did check to see if it would try to stop itself on a roll away, and nothing, it just rolled freely. Got home, plugged it into my laptop. I couldn't see any "Error Flags" while driving. So I left my rpm setting alone, but turned off the setting that reads the speed sensor and it took off like normal, but still maintained my governed speed setting (not sure how). If I switch it back to where it's supposed to read the sensor, I get the 5mph crawl
Sounds like a bad speed sensor (or perhaps a broken magnet). The magnet is behind the speed sensor on end of motor. Pull sensor and inspect magnet, if there are no cracks, it'd be safe to say your speed sensor needs replacing
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 07:11 AM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

A cracked magnet or even if half fell off would not cause that problem.

The old DCX controller only did roll-away brake with the Key Switch ON, but I would imagine the XCT works more like the Curtis IQ and Excell controllers where the roll-away brake works with the Key Switch OFF as well.

In either case You will not get any error flags, what You want to look at on the monitor screen is the Speed Sensor RPM in the Gauges Section of the monitor screen while you are driving.

If You don't see the rpms increase as the speed increases, the speed sensor is either bad or unplugged.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 09:38 AM   #14
sethchid
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
A cracked magnet or even if half fell off would not cause that problem.

The old DCX controller only did roll-away brake with the Key Switch ON, but I would imagine the XCT works more like the Curtis IQ and Excell controllers where the roll-away brake works with the Key Switch OFF as well.

In either case You will not get any error flags, what You want to look at on the monitor screen is the Speed Sensor RPM in the Gauges Section of the monitor screen while you are driving.

If You don't see the rpms increase as the speed increases, the speed sensor is either bad or unplugged.
I checked the "roll away" with the key switch on, and in forward. I'll have to see if I can find the Gauges Section on the monitor section, I didn't see that. I did notice its only seeing 91-94% of my throttle range with the pedal to the floor
sethchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 09:45 AM   #15
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Sounds like the sensor has failed to me. I'm not sure why you're only seeing 91-94 percent throttle. The XCT will self adjust to your throttle to get 100 percent. Maybe you need to disconnect it from the power for a while and do a hard reset so it can recalibrate the throttle.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mcor, precedent, speed sensor
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car