lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2016, 04:35 PM   #11
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: 2004 Precedent Troubleshooting

The inability to correctly regulate speed with the accelerator pedal sounds like an MCOR problem. The fact that it coasts downhill with no motor braking sounds like either the speed sensor has failed, or you have a high speed magnet in your motor. If you had a high speed magnet, you'd know it.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2016, 09:20 PM   #12
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Motors are pretty self explainatory once you have them out. If its a brush issue or something else youll know it.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 12:49 PM   #13
erogers
Not Yet Wild

An update on my 2004 Precedent electrical issues. I tested batteries last night upon arrival after 2 weeks. Meter read 50V coming from the whole pack, about 12.7 from each battery. This reading after being plugged in for the last two weeks to a questionable outlet with an equally questionable extension cord. I'm going to rule out a bad charger and a possible bad OBC for now. After testing batteries I replaced the MCOR with the new one I purchased. Once installed and all connections re-established I tested. Got the same clicking with no movement. I decided to stop at this point last night as I was stumped. This morning I pushed my wife around a bit while she depressed the Go pedal. Still nothing. I decided to start unplugging stuff so I disconnect the battery and started testing connections by unplugging and plugging stuff back in. Once I completed fidgeting around I reconnected everything including the batteries and hit the Go pedal and the cart moved to my surprise. This made me happy. However, I decided to take her for a spin around the neighborhood and when I got a bit aggressive on the Go pedal, she lurched, and went back to about 8MPH top speed. Now that she is at least responding to the go pedal I will look to replace my cheapo replacement speed sensor with an actual OEM Sensor and see if that does the trick.
My questions for the forum, Am I missing something larger? Would I have reset something by fidgeting around with all the wires? Why would something need to be reset?
erogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 01:10 PM   #14
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yes, read Tahoe's answer #9 again.

Quote:
If there is any response out of the cart at all when you roll it, the motor needs to be either repaired or replaced.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 11:44 AM   #15
Nsane
Gone Wild

Club Car

I would try a speed sensor.
Nsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 07:53 PM   #16
jwhranger
Gone Wild

I had this same issue a year or 2 back with my new to me 2004 precedent, although I only experienced normal speed a few times, mostly just 8mph. Changed solenoid, speed sensors and I believe a resistor or something. Ended up having the controller rebuilt by fsip and haven't had any problems since. I was ready to give up on the cart, very frustrating having the codes read and replacing parts based on that. Finally spoke with someone and was confident that the controller had to be the problem. Looking back I would have upgraded the controller through scottyb or tahoedawg or another site sponsor instead of rebuilding but without knowing for sure I opted for rebuild instead. As scottyb says if it fails then upgrade it don't just replace it.
jwhranger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
48v, controller, limp mode, obc, speed sensor
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car