lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-14-2016, 06:15 AM   #1
chesnut84
Not Yet Wild

Default Re assembly without rivits

I am in the process of doing a clone swap, but the cart I have is fully disassembled. All of the rivits are drilled out. I thinking of using selftapping screws. Does anyone who's done this before have any advice on size,length,type, or a better option. Any help would be appreciated
chesnut84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-14-2016, 08:05 PM   #2
WVHarley
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Default Re: Re assembly without rivits

wondering why you don't want to replace rivets with rivets? Rivets are a much cleaner look when doing a re-build
WVHarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 08:18 PM   #3
chesnut84
Not Yet Wild

I am willing to use rivets I suppose. I guess my question was more or less what's the best option. I don't have a rivit gun or rivets. Maybe I will go that route. Thanks for response
chesnut84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 08:05 PM   #4
WVHarley
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Rivets are no more expensive then screws, maybe even cheaper. A hand gun is also cheap. Check this out.
https://www.amazon.com/TEKTON-6555-R...ords=rivet+gun

It's all about what you want and like. It's your build
WVHarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 09:54 PM   #5
Xtsix
Not Yet Wild

I replaced all the rivets on mine with 1/4-20 stainless button head screws, and used blind nuts to secure the body. cost about 60 bucks in hardware, but makes maintenance a lot easier, and has a nice custom look
Xtsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 09:11 AM   #6
TX Foilhead
Not Yet Wild

A couple of ideas, if you scroll down in that amazon link there is an Astro 1423 heavy duty rivet gun that will make things much easier with the big stainless rivets. There's also an Astro 1427 rivet-nut gun if you wanted to get really slick with some small bolts instead of rivets.

I'm using both on my medalist which has enough rivets to build 10 plastic bodied carts
TX Foilhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO