lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2016, 09:03 AM   #1
Ribber
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default 2001 txt

Engine is not revving up fully, and cart moves slowly, like a crawl. Thought drive belt was slipping initially, but it's not.
I adjusted valves, new plugs, air filter, fuel filter, & oil few @2 months ago and it's been running great until yesterday. No warning signs.
My daughter rides it almost every day. Where should I start checking? Gummy carb, maybe?
Not certain on engine model, but it's supposed to be a 9hp. It has the square air box. Had it 10 years and this is the first problem I've had other than running rough (valves always fixed that) and some battery issues.
Ribber is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2016, 07:38 AM   #2
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2001 txt

Is it running at all or just the starter turning it over that sounds like running?
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 10:42 AM   #3
Ribber
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoveBolt View Post
Is it running at all or just the starter turning it over that sounds like running?
The engine is running, but not many rpms.
Old 09-20-2016, 04:45 PM   #4
rvkersh
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Are you sure it is firing both plugs? After a short run, feel the plugs to see if one is cold. If so, could be a coil issue. Just something else to check. Also check running voltage, if it's to high, it will make the coil hot pointing to a voltage regulator problem.
rvkersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 02:22 PM   #5
Ribber
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvkersh View Post
Are you sure it is firing both plugs? After a short run, feel the plugs to see if one is cold. If so, could be a coil issue. Just something else to check. Also check running voltage, if it's to high, it will make the coil hot pointing to a voltage regulator problem.
I haven't had a chance to dig into it yet. I've been getting beat down with an electric Club Car for the last week (many posts over in the CC forum).
Hopefully, I'll get it going soon, then on to the gas one!
Also, my Honda 4 wheeler has a stopped up carb. Everything decided to tear up at once.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO