lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2016, 12:05 PM   #1
missouricart
Not Yet Wild

Default 85 DX4 columbia, sometimes no reverse also battery draining

I am new to the buggie world. I just picked up a 85 columbia par car DX4. I put a new battery in and ran around Saturday then Sunday after about 10 min battery dead. From what i can see on the forum the best place to start is the voltage regulator? ?? Ok now for the big issue most of the time it won't go in reverse. Sometimes a click with nothing other times it makes a horrible sound (charging battery i will post a video) then it starts to go in reverse. I ran it done the road stopped and went in reverse fine. Totally new to this world please help!!!!
missouricart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-21-2016, 02:04 PM   #2
missouricart
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 85 DX4 columbia, sometimes no reverse also battery draining

Moved to where. These stupid forums are stupid. Dont use hotmail or Gmail. Category blah blah. Bye
missouricart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 10:13 AM   #3
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Darn, we hardly got to know ya.

If you plan on checking or should other posters check, yes, the voltage regulator is a great place to check for "no charge" issues. Other places are the brushes in the starter / generator and wiring goof ups. A good test is to jack the back of the cart up, place a voltage meter on the battery terminals and run the cart about 1/2 speed. You should see 14 or so volts there although anything over 13 volts is probably ok. Less than 13 won't be able keep the battery charged.

With your reverse problem, check to make sure your starter belt isn't slipping. A lot of times the starter is turning but the belt is worn or not tight enough to turn the motor. If you think that is ok check your F/R switch. Switch the F/R leads on your switch. They should be marked J and G. After the change if your cart runs in reverse but not forward then your switch needs replaced.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 08:49 AM   #4
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochlin View Post
Darn, we hardly got to know ya....

"Patience is a Virtue!"
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar