lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-21-2017, 12:23 PM   #1
blizzrd
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default How to take body off G1?

I'd like to take the body off to have it painted. Should the top come off first? Are there any gotchas I need to worry about?
blizzrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-21-2017, 12:38 PM   #2
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: How to take body off G1?

Those bodies are very easy to take off. Yes, the roof will have to come off first.

Going from memory (I just painted mine last month) the backs are very easy. There are only some nuts / bolts through the frame and some more by the rear mud flaps.

The the fronts are a bit more tricky as you have to take the steering wheel off to get the body off. You'll probably need a wheel puller for that. The actual front cowl is mostly held in place by bolts through the storage compartment up front and a couple of more through the foot area. You'll have to take the floor mat off. It's held in place by those push connectors that you'll have to pop off. That will likely ruin them and they'll need replaced. These are exact replacements:

http://www.clipsandfasteners.com/sea...Search=pas1603

So long as the bolts aren't rusted in place it should be a 30 min job. I had to grind some frozen bolts so it took a bit longer for me.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 07:46 PM   #3
mjenner
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: How to take body off G1?

under the rubber inserts in the cubbies between the cupholders there are phillips head screws. the rubber pads are held in with push pins. use a large bit phillips to get these out. under the rubber floor mat are three bolts that are about an inch or so above the floor. use a small punch to drive the centers out of the plastic rivets and peel the rubber back. you will see the bolts. wheel has to come off. 17mm. ignition switch has to come out which is rather easy. spin the plastic nut. the choke cable has to come out which can be tricky. two screw hold the housing on and with the wheel off it will come right off. i had to cut a few wires as i had light switches and a radio housing. once all off this is out of the way you can fiddle the cowl off
mjenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha