lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2017, 03:22 PM   #1
ncsu4life
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 93 Club car Smoking Burning oil

So I have a 93 Club car that sits for extended periods of time until we come up to the lake to use it in the community. On the previous trip it started cutting out and then started smoking badly all of a sudden. I immediately returned to the house and checked the oil and it was full of gas. I drained the oil/gas, changed the filter, filed it back with oil, and cleaned the carburetor that i suspected the float was sticking. Once completed I did a test run and all seemed okay at first. Then half way around the neighborhood it started smoking really bad again. I made it home and checked the oil and it was so low it was off the dip stick. Any ideas of what to check next?
ncsu4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-06-2017, 06:53 PM   #2
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: 93 Club car Smoking Burning oil

More than likely its still the carb and the float is not closing. Doesn't take much to keep the float open.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 07:20 PM   #3
ncsu4life
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

If the float was still sticking I would expect the crank case to be full of gas again. However when I checked the oil level it was completely off the dip stick.
ncsu4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 07:29 PM   #4
wthompson912
Getting Wild
Club Car

The exhaust and muffler probably have oil/gas mixture in them and needs to be burnt out by driving it a little while. Refill with oil and drive again. Check oil if low again you have another issue.
wthompson912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 08:04 PM   #5
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsu4life View Post
If the float was still sticking I would expect the crank case to be full of gas again. However when I checked the oil level it was completely off the dip stick.
I misunderstood, I thought you meant it was over full again
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car