lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-18-2017, 03:00 PM   #1
AZRick
Not Yet Wild

Default New cart, and no experience

Well, I finally got a cart, it's a 1986 EZ GO.(J2386 I've been looking for parts, ie. lift kits, motor swaps, performance parts.... haven't found alot of anything. I know it's an older cart, guess nobody does anything with the older stuff? I checked Vegas Carts, they said it isn't worth doing. I got the cart for free for clearing out a backyard and with a battery charger, I drove it on the trailer. Any help would be appreciated.

Rick
AZRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2017, 03:40 PM   #2
dcannow
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: New cart, and no experience

Some of the best rebuilds have been older carts. Parts are hard to come by and good knowledge of mechanics, garage space and fabrication skills are almost required. I have rebuilt/reconditioned several carts, leaning towards stock performance. Due to health and age have now downsized to home with limited garage space, sold/gave away most of my tools and now stick to a newer EZGO gas(2014), Can now just use available parts and mods. Be prepared for the long haul on a rebuild of your '86. You can get help here on the forum from some highly dedicated and qualified members. Be specific when requesting assistance, with pictures being a big assist in getting responses. Learn the use of the "Search" option and read as many Posts and Replies as you can, it will make things come a little easier. Meanwhile, good luck and welcome to the forum

NOTE==Following your post is another "86" owner asking for input. He has received responses already as he has asked specific questions. You might contact him through the "Message" site. get his email address and work back and forth with information on your '86's,
dcannow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 04:03 PM   #3
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

The first thing to know about engine swaps is that your 2 stroke engine runs in forward, and reverse. If you do a swap, you lose reverse.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 04:34 PM   #4
AZRick
Not Yet Wild

Thank you dcannow and cart around, I appreciate the advice.
AZRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO