lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2017, 05:36 PM   #1
CWDunwoodie43
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default 02 Club Car (GAS)

What are the recommended performance mods too be done? It has the rear seat option! I plan on lifting it as well! any help in that area as well is much appreciated... Thanks!
CWDunwoodie43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2017, 06:19 PM   #2
Jimmie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 02 Club Car (GAS)

Look in the stickies at the top of this forum
Jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 11:14 AM   #3
srqco
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 02 Club Car (GAS)

If the rear seat was added later and it doesn't already have heavy duty springs in the rear. I highly recommend some sort of HD spring. Cart Plus Parts sellsedium and heavy duty springs depending on the amount of weight back there. Stock carts without the rear seat from the factory were designed to carry 2 people and 2 sets of clubs. 4-5 adults/kids add up in weight. You will also get MUCH less body roll with stiffer suspension (much safer).

The front suspension kits are plentiful and you will need to decide what suits you best. Again if you will have to do a little research. Every kit has a distinct advantage/disadvantage. I went with the double a arm with triple springs. It's too much for most, but I'm putting in a fiberglass front end that extends about 10 inches beyond the original front end (think leverage and weight). So it works very well for me.

When you lift the rear end, things to consider....
Snubber (rubber donut in front of engine) mount needs to be lengthened. If you want to do it right
Brake lines will be stressed. There is a thread on how to swap to the top. I plan to do this soon. I'll post something about it.
Fuel lines will need to be lengthened.

Do a lot of reading on here first. Be prepared before doing the work and it will go very easy and it will be very enjoyable.
srqco is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car