lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2018, 09:09 PM   #1
Doubled07
Not Yet Wild

Default upgraded motor-Ignition only sparks once then nothing

Scenario: On the initial crank there is one spark then nothing as the motor keeps turning over.

Background: I have a 2003 EZGO TXT (Plate says A303) that I bought without a motor. I purchased a Workhorse motor supposedly out of a 2000. Stamping on the motor is (EH352C 1036591) I did not have a coil so the guy I bought the motor off sent a coil from a 295 motor I think. Since the coil does spark, but only once, I thought it may be the igniter so I purchased a new one and installed it. Same thing. On the initial crank there is one spark then nothing as the motor keeps turning over. I checked the ohms on the pulsar and it reads 512 which according to another thread in here is correct. Does anyone know what else to try. Just to keep items straight- coil-not sure what year it is from, even tried a coil from a friend that is known to be good for a 1998 295 motor and it does the same thing, igniter is the original that came with the cart which should be a 2003 which I even bought new, pulsar was on the workhorse motor which should be a 2000. Note that the wiring on the cart that the pulsar plugs into the wires are red and black and the pulsar wiring is a green wire and dark wire....not sure if that would indicate anything or not.
Doubled07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2018, 09:43 PM   #2
Doubled07
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: upgraded motor-Ignition only sparks once then nothing

Reading some other posts it looks like this motor may be a mci motor which I don't think would make it a year 2000. Attached is a pic of the exhaust. The muffler flange bolts directly to the head
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3906.jpg (72.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-28-2018, 04:46 PM   #3
Doubled07
Not Yet Wild

Just an update. Checked all grounds. Including Ground to Chassis. Installed new battery terminals. While cranking the motor over I am getting .5 bolts from the pulsar. Still no luck in getting any spark after the initial crank
Old 06-28-2018, 04:58 PM   #4
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

I believe that the electronics from MCI, and pre MCI are not interchangeable.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 05:07 PM   #5
MNgolfcart
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

That is definitely an MCI motor. Did you modify the exhaust to work? You'll need the pickup, igniter, and coil from an MCI, but even then I'm not 100%.
MNgolfcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 07:02 PM   #6
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Generally with one spark and then nothing it's ignitor
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 06:33 PM   #7
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

We had a customer long ago try putting a rebuilt MCI in a non-MCI car, and simply spliced the wires to 'make it work' (connection to ignition coil) and it ran like it was completely out of time. Ended up having to get a wiring harness/parts conversion to make it work properly.

**really hate it when folks think they know better than us and try fixing problems themselves and end up costing them far more $$$ and us far more headaches**
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO