lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2018, 07:58 AM   #1
Mrjonman
Gone Wild

Default “Safe” RPM range?

Looks like at WOT I’m hitting 5,000 RPM. What’s the general consensus on the “safe” max RPM?
Mrjonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2018, 08:42 AM   #2
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Default Re: “Safe” RPM range?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjonman View Post
Looks like at WOT I’m hitting 5,000 RPM. What’s the general consensus on the “safe” max RPM?
The manual says 4000 rpm. Have you installed a "rev" kit? You'll be down in the Big Block page soon. Vegas Carts has a beautiful 625cc engine kit. They even have a few 460cc engines for a few days.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...-fe290-400.pdf
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 09:26 AM   #3
Mrjonman
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard View Post
The manual says 4000 rpm. Have you installed a "rev" kit? You'll be down in the Big Block page soon. Vegas Carts has a beautiful 625cc engine kit. They even have a few 460cc engines for a few days.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...-fe290-400.pdf
Oh I’ve been allllll over the Vegas Carts page! I’m staying away from that as long as I have a perfectly good working engine.

No I haven’t installed a rev kit. Besides adjusting the governor (suspect it’s not working) and adding a tach, it’s stock
Old 06-22-2018, 10:33 AM   #4
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

The book lists 4000 rpm --- IMO 5000 rpm is go to get you to the Big Block page a 1000 rpm faster. The problem is - the engine will turn the rev's but the cast rods aren't able the handle the rpm for long till it either starts to knock or it pops completely. That's why you should read about some of the big block conversions and why they happened.
The other thing to think about is the value of a running cart drops instantly when it grenades inside. Read about the great deals folks got there cart for with a blown engine. If your cart is worth a lot of money -- build it up so it can do what you want it to do.
Old 06-22-2018, 11:59 AM   #5
Mrjonman
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard View Post
The book lists 4000 rpm --- IMO 5000 rpm is go to get you to the Big Block page a 1000 rpm faster. The problem is - the engine will turn the rev's but the cast rods aren't able the handle the rpm for long till it either starts to knock or it pops completely. That's why you should read about some of the big block conversions and why they happened.
The other thing to think about is the value of a running cart drops instantly when it grenades inside. Read about the great deals folks got there cart for with a blown engine. If your cart is worth a lot of money -- build it up so it can do what you want it to do.
My thought was simply wait until this engine goes and simply do a conversion at that point
Old 06-22-2018, 12:11 PM   #6
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjonman View Post
My thought was simply wait until this engine goes and simply do a conversion at that point
Cool!!!!!!!
Old 06-22-2018, 01:40 PM   #7
Mrjonman
Gone Wild

Posted on Big Block forum as well
Old 06-24-2018, 09:45 PM   #8
Mrjonman
Gone Wild

Well Shepard I appreciate the help here.....my inquiry seems to be going unanswered on the big block board
Old 07-01-2018, 05:08 PM   #9
Mrjonman
Gone Wild

Just an update for anyone that cares....

Backed the governor adjustment off quite a bit and it’s now running 3700-3800 RPM flat out (if I leave it where it’s at) and ~22 mph

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_Vub2rSpmI
Old 07-02-2018, 12:58 PM   #10
joe cool
Not Yet Wild

what are you guys useing for a tach??
joe cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO